1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virginity

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jack2009, May 9, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a virgin (for both genders), and I'm 17. I never done anything, not even a kiss with anyone.

But does it make someone more special? Or is it all in my head? I want to lose it but only with the right person, since I don't want to give up something 'special' I guess in a way. Religion has nothing to do with it really, I am Catholic, but that's not the reason why I want to keep it. I do not want to regret losing it I guess with someone.

2. GhostDog

I think it depends entirely on the person. Some people see it as a big deal, some don't. Eh.

Honestly, so long as you're safe about it, I don't see any harm in losing your virginity. So long as you feel you can handle it emotionally! But if it's a big deal to you, then it just is. If it's not, there's nothing wrong with that, either.

I saw an article on this recently, actually. Granted, it's about women specifically, but I think some of the ideas apply to guys too.

3. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

I have to agree with GhostDog. It varies form person to person, and be safe about it.

The whole concept of it being "special" or losing it to someone "special" I think stems more from the emotional aspects of having sex for the first time. If it is with someone "special" to you at the time, then you're going to feel much more comfortable and trusting during the act, than if it is with someone who isn't. That kind of psychological effect can either make it good or bad, I think.

4. Just Adam

i think its nice you believe in waiting for right guy im pretty much same meself it is a very emotional special thing really intimate and you want to share the experience with someone who appreciates that and cares about you not just looking to get off then leave :S.

i say hold out wait for mr right it will make far more enjoyable.

5. Rygirl

Hey, I'm the same, I'm a virgin and I'm waitng for the right person to come to lose it (be it a girl or a guy). I think that its important you wait for someone special because it is a huge thing to let someone touch you that way.
    Hey I think if it is with the right person then it becomes even more amazing and worth the wait.

6. Just Adam

well ive been with a woman///// few actually ... but i still have male viginity. which is annoying but knowing of my sexuality alot better this one is far more important to me so i treat it as such :slight_smile:

7. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

I'm still a virgin, and I'm 22, so don't worry too much :slight_smile:

For me personally, I just ignored the idea of sex and relationships for a long time when I was camping out in my closet. Now, I'm still trying to get used to this coming out/being out business, it's not the most important thing right now.

I wouldn't say I'm waiting for someone special though, just kinda waiting til I'm comfortable enough with myself to get into that sort of thing.

8. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Losing your virginity isn't a big deal - it changes absolutely nothing, so don't worry about it :wink: .

9. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ditto, except I'm even older.

10. Dare2bProud

Yeah. Same deal with me. It hasn't been a huge deal right now. :slight_smile:

11. Greggers

As odd as this may sound, i think for me personally my "anal" virginity is something that is important. I dont want to give that up to some random guy i meet in a club or online or some other thing like that. I want it to be special, and with someone i love. Its one of those weird "Two become one" romantic things for me. Not something ill give up easy.

But anything else, like oral for example, is more of just a "sex is sex" thing for me and i dont think ill be too afraid to give that one up heh. I dont mean to sound like a whore or anything, cause im far from it, its just not the same in my mind. I dont view sex in generl as "sacred" as some people.

12. Eleanor Rigby

For me, losing my virginity was and had been a big deal. I don't see sex as sacred all the time and I completly understand that for some people it is just fun and don't necessarily implies feelings, but the first time is special in my eyes. I was a very insecure person and I knew I needed to feel loved and to completly trust the person with whom I will have sex for the first time.
    In fact, I neerly lose my virginity one year before I did, with a guy I was maddly in love with. But I know now I wasn't ready yet, and (even if he has been very tactless with what he did and said) he has been intelligent enought to understand it and he didn't have sex with me even if I agreed to have sex with him.
    I have felt very very bad after this episode, and I can't imagine what it would have been if I had lost my virginity at that moment with that person.
    (To end the story I had lost my virginity at nearly 21 with my then boyfriend who now is my husband)
    Take care, Eleanor

13. KittyBoy

I am a complete virgin, and will probably stay that way....

14. Gumtree

Hot Dang, and only a few hours away!

Oh that's right, OP!

Virginity is a really vague term and what it endears varies greatly from person to person.

If you feel that your virginity is something special and want to make the act of losing it meaningful then it's important to think about how you will look back on it in the future if circumstances change.

I'm not saying that one should go and lose it to someone they're not at all connected with, but almost all relationships (especially around this age) end up being short term (despite all our sincere beliefs that it will last forever) and ending badly.

One of the worst things that could happen is for you to regret losing it to a specific person for one reason or another, and when you break up with a person it's awfully easy to regret "everything" you ever did with them (this isn't always the case!).

If you're going to wait to lose it in a relationship then you might as well wait and make sure it's a sincere long term one.

Sexual experiences with intimate friends can be just as romantic and there's a lot less potential for hurt afterwards!

All I'm saying is try and balance your romantic fantasies with the potential for resentment.

15. Johnny123

Johnny123 Guest

I disagree completely! For me, it's made my relationship "serious" when all I was trying to do was find myself. I'm trapped. It's horrible. I'm probably going to go through a messy break-up, and then throw myself into meaningless sex (if I can get it, which is unlikely, so I'll probably throw myself into the desire for meaningless sex and destroy every friendship I have with a gay man).