1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That weird tingly feeling...?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ben, May 17, 2009.

1. Ben

Ben

This isn't urgent, I was just wondering about something.

Whenever I see a really good piece of art, or listen to powerful music, I get a peculiar tingly feeling.
    Whenever I have one of those "Oh... damn..." moments, when I realise I've forgotten something important or done something wrong, I get that weird tingly feeling.
    Whenever I see something that makes me upset, I get that tingly feeling.
    Recently I've been getting it a lot. It can happen at such odd times. For example, last time I was on the bus and passed the sea-front, I thought of how big the seas were and it gave me the tingly feeling.

I suppose it always comes when I'm experiencing some kind of relatively strong emotion. It's not quite the same as the chills, and it mostly happens around my face. Recently it has either been happening more often or I've just been paying more attention to it.

Does anyone else get this? Does anyone have a scientific explanation for it? Thanks... :slight_smile:

2. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They cause actual chemical changes in our bodies by the good feelings they give us. You think of them, it brings a good feeling and inturn your body starts to release different chemicals. Your stomach gets butterflies, it's almost a nervous reaction. When you are thinking of that person, they cause such an excitement that you actually get nervous with the excitement and anticipation. It's such a great feeling to have and to know that someone has it about you.

3. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sometimes we get it when the body thinks that something is going to happen It is like an alarm to tell us to do something about it!!

4. GoBabyGoGo

hmm not really a tingly feeling, but good music definatly gives me goosebumps and a dull ache in the chest. hot guys also have somewhat that effect :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Nick

I get that tingly feeling all over my body whenever something good happens in a movie to characters that I care about. Also certain songs can do that to me too. It's a great feeling.

6. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I get it a lot, especially when I'm listening to music I really like or something happens that makes me happy. Hot girls often cause it too.

It feels strange, almost like chills but warm instead of cold, and you don't get goosebumps, it's like it happens under your skin. It's a nice feeling. :grin:

7. JakeBHT

I get it you're not alone!

8. BrettV

I love it. One of the reasons I dig audiophile listening so much. The simple sound of snare drum, or the dynamics of a finely recorded pianist or clarinetist.

Like the others, of course certain guys give it to me, too. I've never had it returned though; at least that i know of.