1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abs, Thighs?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by rainemc, May 17, 2009.

1. rainemc

Does anyone know any good workouts i could do to tone my thighs and to get abs? I want something i can do at home like in the morning when i get up and at night before i sleep. Any links would be appreciated! Thank you!

2. xxxxx

xxxxx Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  3. Emberstone

also, on abs, your body fat will have a impact on how much they show. So you might do enough crunches, sit ups, and other ab stimulating activities, but they might show. if you are super skinny, you might be able to get your abs to show and become defined easily, but if not, cardio is good to throw in to help cut some of your weight. you should do cardio anyways for health reasons, but doing sit ups is not enough for abs.

4. rainemc

Would it be enough to get rid of my gut and make my stomach flat at least? It's not big but it shows when I'm shirtless.

5. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
  6. Emberstone

abs dont show well if you have a layer of fat. one of the reasons competitive bodybuilders worry about bodyfat during competition season is that low bodyfat makes abs visible and defined. most bodybuilders who dont use steroids dont have abs showing in the off seasons because they are focused on packing on the muscle, then they cut their bodyweight to get their abs to show why working to keep the muscle they gained as much as possible.

even if you arent a bodybuilder, it works on a similer process. I know people who will work on their abs year round, but will do work losing weight in early spring to be defined and visible during the warm months.

my goal this summer is to get my abs visible, but I just dont have times to focus on abs when I am working so hard on my classes.

7. Lizz K

The easiest, and cheapest, for thighs is taking a medium sized rubber ball, and putting it between your legs. Lying on your back, keep your knees bent and just squeeze. It's super easy and effective. Also, to work both abs and thighs at the same time, invest in a yoga ball. You can do so many exercises with it. Like, while lying down, placing your heels on the ball, lifting your hips off the ground, and rolling the ball forwards and back.

There are a ridiculous amount of exercises with yoga balls and pillows.

8. paco

paco Guest

something to keep in mind when youre doing workouts is to make sure to stretch the muscle out in between reps. in sit ups and crunches, make sure to feel your abs stretch as you lay back down each time, thats what makes them really pop--my buddy is a certified workout trainer and has a pretty killer body lol (luckily i'm just not attracted to him for some reason)

9. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

aha my speciality.... i have used this site to boost the core fitness of my rowing boys
    http://www.myfit.ca/exercisedatabase/search.asp?muscle=Core Strength&equipment=yes
    Working on core fitness is probably the best thing you can do.
    A few that aren't listed there (i think) are
    supermans- lie on your stomach and raise your arms and legs 1 inch above the ground
    Phantom chair- lean against the wall with your legs at a 90 degree angle (hold for roughly 2 mins and repeat)
    Leg raisers- lie on your back and raise your legs (while keeping them straight), slow it down if it starts to get easy.

10. Roralo

Roralo Guest

Abs are a toughy since you could do a billion sit-ups and still not see them. You have to get rid of the layer of fat(if you have any) covering those abs of yours. The best way to gets abs in my opinion is of course sit-ups, leg lifts, and air biking(sp?). DO some cardio to boost up your metabolism and to cut down the fat so easier access to abs. Good sports to get abs would be swimming and crew. You can erg to get that.
    For thighs, personally I don't usually work on mine but I I guess you should bike a lot, run a lot, stuff that gets your legs moving. Squats work well too and they firm your buttocks. :grin: