1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exercise Routine

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by KittyBoy, May 24, 2009.

1. KittyBoy

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for a new exercise routine, one that I can do daily. I am asking because I have found out my old routine is not that effective. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers.

Tom.

2. tm74

tm74 Guest

What you need to do will be determined by what you want to achieve - if it's bulking up, you need to do weights, if staying lean, aerobic - (simple but you get the idea)

3. Just Adam

lifting putting down lifting putting down repeat 1000 times... that pint glass gives a good work out

4. EM68

What is your current routine like now? Do you have access to weights?

5. Fiender

If you have weights, I'd suggest you use them; remember to lift them in sets and not just lift them in one go. Keep your work out routine varied, meaning don't just do the standard arm-curling with your weights. It's also best if you work out every-other day instead of every day and consume about 1-1.5 grams of protein a day for every 2 pounds you weight (if you weight 150, then that would be 75-112 grams.) Hamburgers, chicken and turkey would be great, protein shakes if you can get them.

If you don't have weights then do arm lifts (use your arms on a chair to slowly lift yourself up off an down onto the floor), and regular sit-ups and push-ups.

6. Emberstone

if your workout has slowed, it is because you have hit a platueh (or however its spelled). If your trying to put on muscle, bodybuilding.com has some good articles on breaking through slow periods when your body adapts and gets used to your workout routine, and therefore makes them less effective.

you should only do a routine for 4-8 weeks, then switch to a altered one with variations of lifts or order of excercises. doing so keeps your body guessing.

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's "plateau." It's French, hence the weird spelling.

8. KittyBoy

My routine at the moment has a range of exercises. Psuh ups, sit ups, stomach crunches, athletics, arm and leg stretches, yoga, minor weights. I do have access to an entire gym, but that is limited because I am not old enough.

9. Doreibo

As TM74 said, it all depends upon what you are wishing to achieve. If you want to bulk up then yea do weights but for some people, bulking up is much harder than others. This all depends upon you body structure and body type. Some are just more naturally bulky than others. If you just want an athletic build then what you are doing now sounds fine. Just pick up the intensity or do so more often. Maybe weights couldn't hurt to improve the build.

10. partietraumatic

i find the lifting of a pint glass does wanders :grin:

11. EM68

I have 4 routines I use.

Day 1: Chest and Triceps
    Day 2: Back and Biceps
    Day 3: Shoulder
    Day 4: Legs

Every couple of months I change up my routine. I look at http://thetrainingstationinc.com/exercises.html#shoulders to get exercise ideas. If you have any other questions you can PM me.