1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loose Skin+Running

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jack2009, May 24, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I am worried about loose skin if I start this (notice a recent thread), but would running alone (8 miles) and eating 1,000 cals daily cause loose skin?

I am guessing I would be losing about 3-4 pounds a week, and I am planning on doing this for 5 months, and then decrease to one hour (I can't see much farther into the future from that). That's a total of 70 pounds in 5 months, which would bring me down to around 150.

It's necessary for me to do this as well (I have family members with diabetes and they were young), in that amount of time as well. What is the best way to prevent loose skin?

2. Apocalypte

That's not healthy. Running 8 miles would use up ~800-900 calories on its own (at least it would for someone of my height/weight - 5'7"/155lbs). If you're going to eat only 1,000 calories a day that's not going to be anywhere near enough to fuel your body. The bare minimum you should be eating at your height/weight is probably somewhere around 1,600 calories and if you're running I wouldn't really go under 2,000. Losing 3-4lbs a week is really unsustainable, especially if you want to keep the weight off.

Also - have you run much before? Jumping straight to 56 miles a week is an awful lot. I'm training for a half-marathon at the moment and am running about 25-30 miles a week, and I've been running regularly for just under a year.