1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hallucinations

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Jun 1, 2009.

?

Have you ever had hallucinations?

1. No

25 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Yes, a visual hallucination (seeing)

34 vote(s)
    42.5%
  3. Yes, a tactile hallucination (feeling)

23 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Yes, an olfactory hallucination (smelling)

16 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Yes, a gustatory hallucination (taste)

10 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Yes, an auditoral hallucination (hearing)

36 vote(s)
    45.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

This is quite a strange thread to be honest. I'm just wondering if any of you have had hallucinations before.

Let me explain what I mean; a hallucination is when one's sensory system screws up and you see/hear/feel/taste/smell someting that isn't there in real life. It is not when you think you see something, or hear something, but when you are 100% positive that it happened. This does not count LSD trips or any other effect from any hallucinogenic drug.

A good example is when I was in bed. I woke up and turned my head towards one of the doorways and I saw this woman in a dress standing there. She was transluscent as well. She disappeared in the blink of an eye. It was kind of creepy.

NOTE:
    Poll is private.

#1 Swamp56, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
  2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have, but only when I combined medications that I probably shouldn't have. That was visual and tactile.

3. GhostDog

Shortly after my dog died, within the first couple of weeks, there were times when I would hear him barking desperately like he used to when he wanted in my room. It really disturbed me. =/ It seems to have stopped though. I chalk it up to being incredibly distraught at the time, though.

Otherwise, I haven't had any hallucinatory experiences, no.

4. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

I had that exact same issue. I would hear his bell but i wasent at home, those types of things.

5. djt820

When I was a small child, I was at my grandmother's house and I looked into one of the rooms and there was no lights on and then I was dark, red eyes glaring at me and then I saw teeth. By then, I shat myself and ran for my grandma.

6. Stuie

I get the occasional olfactory halluncination and sometimes gustatory. They tend to be associated with visual stuff though, like a saw a picture of a brown square once and I then smelt this wonderful earthy smell that could only really be described as brown. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's odd.

7. Thatsit

I don't think I've had any hallucinations. The only thing close to a hallucination is when I'm falling asleep I sometimes hear someone say my name. Two times I heave heard a loud noise like a balloon popping and it woke me up both times. I think hearing things before falling asleep is normal tough...meh

8. Ben

Ben

Yes.

I'm always smelling things that it's safe to assume aren't there. I used to freak out in the science labs because I could smell gas, but nobody else could (maybe I have a very good sense of smell or something)

Haha I remember once when I was randomly tasting something and I could only describe it as green. When I told this guy that I was tasting green he gave me a freaky look. I'm not sure if that was a gustatory hallucination though because it's hard to tell. So I didn't tick that box.

I've had many auditory and visual hallucinations, especially when falling to sleep, but I don't think that's uncommon.

9. waitingsucks

Once, when I was 9 or 10 I saw a figure sitting in my dad's armchair in the study (not my dad. lol). It really freaked me out, so from then on for years whenever I walked past I just wouldn't look into the study.

10. SirBoobalot

I get synaesthesia quite a lot (tasting colours, seeing sounds etc), so it can sometimes be difficult to separate synaesthesia from actual hallucinations; but yes, every now and then I sense something which logically can't actually be there - usually visual, auditory; occasionally gustatory. I'm used to it, so I don't worry - it can be startling at times, but on the other hand, who's gonna complain about suddenly tasting curry in the middle of a boring lecture? :grin:

11. Just Adam

i hallucinate to all the above regularly the over night i was walking home and by the river bank theres a path and the darkness was absolute i was walking towards it and i had one of my moments and new somethign wasent right that way

then as i started walking on by away from it i felt a tingle up my spine and saw a group of snargleing dogs walking towards me i could hear them but i knew it wasent real but i dont believe in hallucination as just beeing in your head i see it part of extra perception so i quickened my pace as somethign felt wrong about that way.

12. Courtneyyy

This only happened once, and it was the only time in my life that I've ever had the flu. I was in high school and it was like 6 AM or something and I was laying weirdly in my bed, I looked to the front of my room and I saw my high school's entire Full Symphony Orchestra, and I heard them talking amongst themselves. That was pretty much it. (Then, I got up to tell my mom I was sick and not going to school and I randomly put my hair up, then all of a sudden I had to throw up, it was like subconsciously I knew I had to hurl, before I actually knew it, I as 17 and it was the first time since I was like 4 that I had thrown up.)

13. ANightDude

I have hearing ones often.
    Sometimes when I am at my Dad's house, when I'm in my room, I hear my Mom calling me. I look around to see if she is there somehow, but she's not, in fact, I'm home alone. So you can imagine how confused and scared I was.

14. Lychee

Whenever I go out to the bush for long periods of time, like camping or what not, and don't have my phone with me (for obvious reasons) I start hearing my ringtone going off or the sound you get when I get a text message...

This just makes me seem like a typical Gen-Y teen :|

15. ANightDude

That same thing happens to me.
    And I search around for it, only to realize it's not mine. I guess I'm addicted. :/

16. epiphanies

I had visual and auditory hallucinations, but it was when I was on medicine from having my wisdom teeth taken out. idk. I don't think that really counts.

17. Mickey

I know I'm gonna get shit for this,but I believe in spirits. I have smelled the perfume my grandmother always wore,the day after she died. I have "seen" other things I believe were spirits. I'm NOT saying this is what others think . I also know about hallucinations,and to the people having them,they're real.
    Not a real answer for you,just a thought I had while reading the thread.

18. starfish

Yeah I get them before I get a migraine. I'll see flashes of light about about 30 minutes before it hits. Almost looks like fireworks. If it wasn't for the impending pain it would be a nice site.

19. katie

yea, ive heard things before...people talking when there's no one around (which can be a bit wierd when i try to answer them!!!)
    and ive smelt weird stuff before, like playdough from my childhood, when no one else can

its weird, but ive got used to it now

20. Chaos

I have hallucinated before. It's called drugs. But I guess it "doesn't count" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I've also hallucinated because I had a high fever. One time I was hallucinating that I was in a soap opera. It was really tense and emotional. Not fun at all!

Another time I went blind. That was really scary.

The flu sure is fun!!