1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food and drinks to avoid to have flat tummy?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by azrae1, Jun 3, 2009.

1. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

Hi all i kno that the health and well being section is the least visited in this site ..
    i hope to get replies ^^;; !

Anyway here is my story :

last year i was 84 kg and then i lost weight till 75 kg and from the last 3 months i got down to 65 kg ... i did lose alot of weight and i'm happy but right now i want to start making my tummy flat so i started working out but my question is do food play a big role in flatting my tummy? i stopped drinking softdrinks and replaced it with apple orange juice and water for over a year now... i eat healthly too but does eating bread or drinking too much fluid makes tummy excerise harder? i want to flatten my tummy thats all .

thanks for reading ..

and please tell me the food to avoid like bread or rice which make tummy toning harder ..

#1 azrae1, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2009
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In general, it's not so much the food itself as the number of calories you consume. If you take in more than you expend by exercising, that'll be converted to fat. If you work off more than you take in, you won't be getting any more fat. So keep an eye to the calories, and keep the exercise going. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. KaraBulut

The body doesn't distinguish between the sugar in a soda and the sugar in orange juice. And eventually, carbohydrates in breads and grains are converted to the same simple sugars that are in soda and juice. The human body is highly adapted to utilize all carbohydrates in pretty much the same way.

Lex has given you the correct answer- if you want to trim fat from your belly, the way to do it is to exercise and eat a reasonable diet.

4. azrae1

azrae1 Guest

hmm i do understand and i always monitor what i eat and calorie intake but the problem i see is that the belly part is always hard and stuborn :frowning2:!!! and don't worry most of my drinks are 0g sugar like apple i get and orange but i do still eat sugar so i don't faint on the keyboard haha but honestly...i was looking for an advice from an expert any sport experts on EC? i mean an expert as in a guy who lost huge weight and is a health freak haha ! my gym instuctor knows no sh!t about anything he even asked me what does calorie mean or something like that ... the problem is my country employees uneducated population he has great body but i feel some times i know hell alot more than him ..

#4 azrae1, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  5. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You have been given good advice. It is just hard to put it into play. To lose fat on your belly, you have to work overall. You can't spot reduce.

And this is coming from someone who used to be quite rotund.

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

You were given advice from an Expert. (Karablut)
    He's incredibly resourceful and 95% correct and accurate at most times.

And I fit into that category as well. I'm a health major and he is if I remember correctly, at Docterine level of Medicine and Education? I've lost over 70lbs myself and trust me. Fad dieting is not going to work. Eat bread, but in reasonable amounts. It's not going to kill you. Orange Juice is not all that much better than soda and I'd recommend adding at least one OJ per week.

It's nice to diet but if you're too restrictive it'll never stick.
    A good diet lets you be flexible and ENJOY it.