1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick because of lack of sleep?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Revan, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a pressing question for you all. Can a lack of sleep (less than 6 hours) cause health problems? I mean like there have been days I've had little sleep and I notice that later in the day I have nauseous feeling, or unsettled bowel (I've had problems with my bowel since Grade 7, from impacted to...the d word lol). Now recently since Thursday no more nausea, however today I did have rather bad pains because of gas and D again but other than tht I feel fine. Now on last Sunday (i say last because it's almost ssunday again) I did kinda eat a bad donut (it had black marks on it like it was burned, and tasted really bad) so I'm wondering if maybe it's food poisoning possibly? Let me know what you guys think...I haven't felt like this for quite a few months (haven't been sick since February which was the flue cuz my parents had both been sick with it and I wound up catching it after they got over it...figures lol). But yeah, do you guys think I just have a case of food poisoning?

2. lostinthought9

Actually, I've had those symptoms once that I THOUGHT (not sure) were caused from lack of sleep. In fact, I took a realllllly long nap that day cuz I felt so sick, and I woke up feeling fine. SO....I guess that could be a reason...

3. xGreenJayx

Well, if you have been sleeping for les thant six hours or have been pulling all nighters, you're body get's accustmed and now it can't tell the difference between day or night.

Basically if you ate that donut at lets say...in the morning, it'll basically take it like if you ate it at 10 PM. Get it? It's like timezones but for the body.

4. jazzrawr

I get nauseous and throw up if I don't get enough sleep as well, so it's not unusual. It's just your body saying "GO TO SLEEP."

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, well all that's left for me these days is the D word....I just wish it would go away cuz the gas is causing pain and discomfort...

6. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lack of sleep can make you very sick, as it puts a LOT of stress on your body and immune system.

A good night's sleep helps the body stay strong. Essentially sleeping is a natural 'pick-me-up' for your body.

7. Yeah, this happens to me as well, and if I go long enough without sleep I will actually have to go to the doctor with (9 times out of 10) strep.

(oh, the irony in the fact that it's four in the morning...) :slight_smile: lol, go to sleep!

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually went to bed at 12:30 last night and woke at 8, surprisingly I feel so much better today than i did yesterday. Hopefully it's the same tomorrow...sorta lol.

9. Tim

Tim

I posted a thread about this a while back... kept being urged to go to the doctor XD

But sleeping did help, and I've found that it does in fact affect your body. As someone else said, it can also mess with your internal clock, where your body cannot tell the difference between day and night.

Glad to here you feel better, and hope you feel even better tomorrow :grin: