1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just a little trouble with the noggin.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pirateninja, Jun 12, 2009.

1. pirateninja

Right, well here goes.

Past 4-5 weeks, possibly longer, I've had one section of my head that is tender to the touch, and feels slightly swollen, like I've had a bash to the head or something. Except for one thing, I haven't had a bash to the head. And besides, I think a bash to the head would heal up quicker, especially if it was just the swelling and tenderness that I've had. I mean, the only thing I can think of that could even to have begun to cause this was knocking the back of my head against a wall, which happened over 2 months ago.

So, slightly worried, but hoping you guys can offer insight. :confused:

2. KaraBulut

Is the tenderness on your scalp or does it feel like it's under your scalp?

3. pirateninja

Under it. It doesn't feel like a rash on the skin or something, if that's what you mean. I feel it hurt when even light pressure is applied, like just lying back on a pillow or something. It feel a lot like the sort of pain when you sprain your ankle or something.

4. Greggers

I hope you start feeling better holly (*hug*)

Maybe take the "FUCK YEA POWER TOOLS" a tiny bit slower while your healing? All that power tooling must put alot of strain on you.

5. KaraBulut

Most scalp tenderness issues tie back to one of two things:
    1. Allergy or infection - which cause a localized tenderness, itchiness and swelling.
    2. Vascular problems - such as migraine that causes pain that comes and goes

There are other causes but these are less common.

Neither of these seem to fit what you're describing. Since this has been going on for some time, it's time to see your doctor for an exam.

6. RCooper

Could be a cyst. My friend had one, and he symptoms sound the same. I would see a doctor.

7. pirateninja

Yeah, I plan to see a quack. My mom's going to kill me though; "You've felt something up with your head for over a month and you didn't tell me?" :lol: