1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really bad, im really scared ='(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by fallendream, Jun 19, 2009.

1. fallendream

today i noticed something, one of my nipples has something hard underneath it - im a guy, the other one feels as it always has

2. -Michael-

KARABULUT TO THE RESCUE!!

Whenever he replies that is...

Head to the doc?

3. fallendream

i want to know if karabulut can like, let me know if im gunna die first...and i can't tell my dad 'BTW dad i have a lump under my nipple'...just seems so strange to say...

4. Eleanor Rigby

I think your dad would be pretty upset to know that you prefer taking risk with your health rather than talking to him.
    I'm definitly not e medical expert, but seeing one seems to me the only sensible idea.

5. mattyrusso

I actually had the same thing when i was 14ish. Nothing happened and they went away after a few months but if youre really nervous about it, go see a doctor i guess.

6. Adam

Same thing has happened to me, went away after awhile. You are probably fine.

7. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's quite probably a cyst, which is just a natural build-up of something, can't quite remember. They come and go. Just keep an eye on it. If anything happens, like it grows larger; you get nipple-discharge; the skin puckers or dimples; a rash or crusting, go see a doctor.

8. KaraBulut

Well, it depends on whether it's a painful lump or just a lump.

Between the ages of 12-16, guys start producing male hormone. But you also start producing a little female hormone at the same time. The good news is that the female hormone makes the hair on your head nice and thick during your teenage years. The bad news is that it can also cause you to get some swelling under your nipples. The swelling is usually a firm lump that is tender in a ticklish kind of way but not painful. It usually goes away by age 16. If you look around at other guys your age, you may notice that they have lumps that show up when they wear tight T-shirts. It's quite normal, if a bit embarrassing.

On the other hand, if you have a lump- particularly if it is on one side but not the other or if it is very tender when you push on it or it is red and swollen, then you should see your doctor. Men can develop cysts and blockages in the oil glands around their nipples and it may take a small course of antibiotics to clear it up.