1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OH! THE PAIN! But where's the period?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Numfarh, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

As you may have read in the thread about menstrual cramps, I experience crazy pain during my period. For the past three years, I have been on birth control pill (MinOvral) to try and ebb this cramptitude. For the most part, it has worked wonders. Last month, I thought that I could save some money by stopping the pills and seeing if I would still have cramps. I did. In fact, it was worse than I ever remember them being. I spent three days on the bathroom floor, vomiting from the pain.

And we come to the dilemma at hand. After I finished my period, I began taking the pills again as per usual (the first Sunday after I finished). I’m now about two weeks in and the weirdest thing has happened: I’m getting cramps. This has never happened before. These started up a few days ago and I’m still about a week away from my period. They aren’t spine crunching cramps, but I can feel a significant amount of pain in my pelvic region. I did a quick google to see what others thought, but most people seem to think this is a result of pregnancy. That is, quite frankly, impossible. I haven’t had sex in over a year and a half.

For the time being, I’ve taken a combination of Tylenol and Advil, but I’d like to have some insight into what’s happening with me. Thoughts?

2. KaraBulut

And you're sure the cramps are the same as those you have with your period? Are they in the same area and the same quality of pain (i.e. cramping vs sharp pain)?

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Yes. Quite sure.
    There are not the same strength of pain, but they feel like they are in the exact same region (although my lower back isn't feeling it as much). It's definitely a cramping sensation and not sharp pain.

I'm not really worried, but if it doesn't go away soon, I'll be a wee bit annoyed.

4. littledinosaurs

awee =(
    i have no answers and after actually reading the thread i feel bad for you!
    but reading just the thread name made me giggle a little so that's why I read it.
    i hope you feel better soon!!!
    (*hug*)

5. Eleanor Rigby

Well, stopping your pills without asking your doctor before may have not been your best move. The fact that the pain came back during your last period is normal : when you stop the pills, the pain is coming back and for the first times is worst than before. (I have a vivid memory of the pain I felt when I stopped the pills).
    Now, if you hadn't took the pills back, I would say the pain came frome your ovarian system starting to work again, but as you are taking your pills back I don't know. I think the best thing would be to take an appointement with a gynecologist to be sure everything is fine.
    Take care, Eleanor

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I seriously doubt that you would be willing to consider this given our conversations, but serious, long-term intractable menstrual cramps is one of the medical issues that has often responded successfully to homeopathic treatment. I spoke to a number of people over the years for whom no other solutions had been successful but whom, after a good homeopathic workup and prescribing of an appropriate remedy, found that the symptoms permanently vanished.

I offer the suggestion sincerely, and only because it seems that the conventional approaches you're using aren't working... and that was the case with the other people I knew who found success.

I understand from talking to the people that have had them that menstrual cramps can be among the worst pain out there next to childbirth, so I feel for your situation and wish you the best in resolving the issue.

7. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

You are correct, sir.

No no. The pill has been working for the past three years. I have had zero problems with cramping while on the pill. I have only recently run into this problem after stopping my doctor recommended medication. And besides, since you have done nothing to sway my opinion of homeopathy in the least, my opinion has not changed.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just thought I'd try...

And, btw, menstrual cramps would be one of those things you would want a homeopathic MD to do a full workup for; I've seen a few of the so-called homeopathic combination remedies for menstrual cramps that you buy in the health food store, but no one I know has had success with them, only with individually prescribed remedies.

I wish you the best. I know from my former gf's experience that cramps can make one pretty miserable.