1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug? Allergic raction?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Legnaj, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

This is the second time its happend. I wake up in the middle of the night. I dont wake up because I need to use the restroom or anything like that but I wake myself up from all the comotion I'm causing. I wake up scratching myslef...hard. I dont know what it is. Its starts on my right arm andI canfeel it slowly creeping up my arm, arm pit, back, left arm, neck and even my eye. It wasent that bad last time. I thought that maybe it was because I didnt shower before sleeping this time after coming from work but here's the kicker...the dog was sleeping on my bed and after I wake up from scratching, take a shower and come back...she is spazzing out on the bed scratching and biting herself. She wasent like that when I woke up. I took a zertec and the scratching has subsided...a little. Now I have these welts on my arm. They look like the pointy oval shape of an eye...about a quarter in size. In the 10 years I've slept in this room this has never happend. I think its a bug. I Think i might be allergic to it but that would mean the dog is allergic to it as well. If not then is it poisonous? It has to be microscopic, I didnt see it before I took the shower. AHHH MY LEG ITCHES! Does anyone know what it could be? Maybe not a bug? IDK :help:

2. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

The welts are not red, they are just bumps. Its not misquitos because they have never caused this type of reaction. Unless they are carrying something new.

3. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Hopefully it's just a rash or very small alergic reaction. But Jangel, if you start to have trouble breathing, call 911 immediately as you'd be suffering from a severe allergic reaction called Anaphalactic Shock. And AS is extremely rare, but it does happen. What makes it dangerous is it causes your throat to swell and you to suffocate and if nothing is done quick enough--you die.

Plain and simple.

If the bumps are gone in a day or two or if they progress any further, contact your local healthcare provider and set up an appointment with a general physician immediately. It could be something else and he'll probably recommend anti-biotics.

4. echapper

Maybe it was something in your bed? Try changing and washing the bed linen.

#4 echapper, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  5. KaraBulut

Usually indoor insect bites in the US are mosquitos, ticks, fleas or bed bugs.

Bedbugs tend to like the foot of the bed and feed heavily on the feet.

Ticks like to attach in one place (usually near a fold of skin like the armpit or the groin) and feed. They stay on in one place until they're done feeding.

Mosquitos might be the most logical choice, especially in Florida. Mosquitos do feed off other animals, so it is logical that they would go after the dog after you left the room.

6. Mickey

Did you check the dog for fleas? That sure could be it,especially in summer.
    Or,like was said,bed bugs. You can check for them by looking at the mattress,where the stitching is along the edges. They're little and black and there will be a lot of them.
    Other than that,do strip the bed and wash the linen.
    If all else fails,see your Dr. Good luck.