1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shaving my man-beard

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by bob4carl09, Jun 26, 2009.

1. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

EDIT: I should probably add - man-beard isn't a euphamism for something naughty, just my odd way of saying normal things :slight_smile:

So, I shave as infrequently as possible, cus I have quite sensitive skin on my noggin and it hurts like crazy for days after. I gotta be really careful cus I end up with a rash where my chin meets my neck, and I can't not itch, it's a weakness.

It occurs to me that part of the reason it hurts so much is that after two weeks I'm essentially just hacking the hairs out by trapping the end in the blade and tugging, so I'm considering, for like a month, shaving every other day, whether I need to or not, even if I have a bit of a rash going on, to see if that makes a difference.

Thoughts? Advice?

2. Jim1454

Are you shaving with an electric razor or a safety blade kind? I know the electric kind will just pull rather than cut some times, and it's quite uncomfortable. I've never gone 2 weeks without shaving though, so perhaps even the manual shaver is pulling.

Do you use a cream or foam? Something to soften and lubricate? Do you use an aftershave when you're done? All things to think about.

3. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't have a man-beard, but am sensitive to shaving in general.

Make sure you are using a quality razor rather than a cheap bic or something like that. The same goes for shave cream. They tend to be kind of expensive, but can make all the difference in the world. I like Trea Hut Almond and Honey. The kind that you squeeze out of a tube tends to be better than canned.

4. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Tried an electric ages ago but like you say it was all pulling. Use a Gillette Fusion Power razor, and the gel foam they sell alonside it.

5. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nice blade, so maybe time to try a better quality shaving product.

6. -Michael-

Try a cut-throat.
    They're aaawwweeesssommmee

7. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :icon_bigghehe...as oppose to shaving your woman-beard?

8. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know that she would like him shaving her...:lol:

9. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha! You never know....some people have weird fetishes (especially if they're from Swansea....:lol:slight_smile:

10. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Watch it missus :eusa_naug

11. Just Adam

the welsh are a bit weird :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

i say wash your face first with warm cloth it can help with irritation if you soften it all up less friction less aggitation...:slight_smile:

12. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

[​IMG]

Try using their sensitive gel foam if you dont already. (the green one)

Use their aftershave as well. (Green one or blue one...I love the green one though)

[​IMG]

Its helped me reduce the rashes I used to get later on in the day. But if you do use the after shave make sure you wash is off after 12 hours. If you have the same skin I do your skin might get irritated, thats the only down side.

If it is your beard that is causing the rashes in general, find out which way your beard grows/sprouts and shave along that direction then shave along the opposite for a cleaner shave.

With the fusion I find it eaiser if I trim the hair with a trimer first, then go for the shave because this razor is made for a clean shave, not a pain free one. Also let the the razor vibrate in hot water as well as cleaning itoff in hot water after every swipe. Again rusion power razors are made for a fine cuts not for thick hair.

#12 Legnaj, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
  13. paco

paco Guest

if i ever let it grow out too long i go over it with an electric buzzer first to shorten it up cause it hurts in the razor if the hair is too long. but i never shave too close with the electric type cause that kills my skin. then i go with the shaving cream and razor and then right after a thick coat of some type of moisturizer. that seems to keep the razor burn away.

14. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :roflmao: sorry couldnt resist! If anyone spent a saturday night on Wind st they'd think they entered a mental asylum!:icon_wink

15. Just Adam

i dont mind not shaving but my mustache hair goes in my mouth every now and then haha

16. EM68

I shave in the shower. When I was younger, no matter what kind of blade and gel I used I would tear up my face. I get a lot closer shave that way without the cuts or irritation.

17. funkmonk

I shaved my goatee today that i had for 5 years :O

18. mattypants

same here. if i do have to do it out of a shower, i always get some irritation afterwards, which sucks

19. bob4carl09

bob4carl09 Guest

Guys, I take it you've talking about electric razors here? Or proper razors sans the shaving foam/gel?

20. mattypants

err, i dont know about EM68, but i feel a bit more at ease with a thin layer of a solution. i have fears of cuts >_<