1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Canker Sores...OWWWW

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Smiley1123, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Smiley1123

Howdy! Once or twice every two months I get a canker sore somewhere on my mouth. Sometimes it's on the bottom lip, (the worst) and sometimes its on the side. Both are extremely painful! Sometimes I think that they are caused by my braces (I've had them for almost 3 years) but other times I think its period related, but I'm still not positive. Does anyone else have problems with canker sores? Anyone know any better treatments than salt water?

Thanks!

2. lostinthought9

I used to get those whenever I would accidently bite the inside of my mouth...they are very painful. There's really not much you can do about them...but somebody told me to use Listerine Mouthwash frequently. It's rumored to 'dry up' the sore; but I knew the alcohol in it would make it burn. So, I was too scared to try it, so I have no clue if it works or not.....Sorry if this doesn't help.

3. Lychee

Yeah, I agree with the Listerine advice. Also, do they sell special medication for them in pharmacies in New York? Like they have Bonjela here, which works quite well. I'd say just go to your local pharmacy/chemist/drug store or whatever you guys call it and see what they recommend.

4. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Blistex makes a nice product called Kank+A. It numbs it and then put a little coating over it to help keep you from rubbing it.

5. Smiley1123

Sounds good! I'm going to pick some up! Thanks!!

6. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I get them all the time. For some reason my mouth is kinda hypersensitive to acidic foods (fruit, mostly), so every time I eat any I get cankersores.

I usually use Orajel. It's topical medicine that you apply to the cankersore and it numbs the area. (It works well for toothaches, too.) The only real problem with it is that if you're not careful with it you'll end up numbing a big part of your mouth, and that can be annoying (although usually funny to other people around when you try to talk). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I talked to my dentist because I'd get a ton
    He told me to stop chewing gum because that was a big cause
    he also gave me this stuff to put on them, for like 30 seconds it burns like hell but after that its like closed up so talk to a dentist because they have the best stuff
    and seconding what was said above, Kank+A works wonders

8. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hope it works well for you!

9. riddlerno1

i used to get loads when i was younger. Bonjela used to work ok but sometimes when it wouldnt the doctor prescribed this paste which made them go.