1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why you shouldnt do drugs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Eligh, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Eligh

Okay, I know that nobody likes to hear this, but I am telling you from first hand experince that pot will lead to other things, and even though it may not be physically addictive, it is mentaly, and the more and more you do it, the more its effects lessen on you. Lets face it, in the world of drugs, marajawana is baby shit. Its the starter. Tonight, my uncle, Larry, had truely gon insane. He had threatened to shoot and kill my only living grandmother, and my closest aunt, Zetta. He had started out with pot, but eventualy it didnt do anything for him. Then he got into Coke, Speed, and now Meth and Ice. And for those of you who think you know everything in the entire god damn world, Ice and Meth arent nessecarily the same thing. Ice is Crystal Meth, its more potent, and more addictive. Crystal Meth is what has made my uncle drive into this insanity, and now look at what it has made him do. If I belived in the devil, I would truely belive that drugs are now his most common form. So please, listen to what I have to say, and just dont do it. Let my uncle set you an example of what pot will lead to. Just dont do it.

2. goratrix

thanks for the visual aid matt.

You shouldn't do drugs because it's not something your body needs, and if you give it, and become an addict, then you are off blance and that is not good for you.

I know what I just said seems obtuse, but it's not... or at least not much.

Still, I agree with the 'you shouldn't do drugs'. They are bad.

3. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Who needs 'em...you get the same high running or an amazing night out with you friends & sugar. It's true.

4. Dejavu

I take it youve taken drugs then Proud, i take it you can explain to me exacitaly how taking E's and doing a lap or 2 gives you the same high. Speaking from experiance, its not the same whatever anyone says not in a million years is it the same.

It may "scientificialy" give he same effect, but the way its experianced is totally different.

I can only say Crystal meth and heroin are life destroyers, everything else if just fun. Yes amphetamine is addictive and can rot ur teath but its no where near as bad as the other 2. There is a huge gap in dealyness and severity between drug classes.

5. Sam

Sam

I know what its like to be addicted its not fun well at the time it is but look what it does to the people who care about you even if you think they don't know they do. I don't remember much from age 13-16 its all a blur and finally I hit rock bottom along with this I was anorexic/bulimic so my body was wasting away before my family's eyes until I was down to 91 lbs. I was severely depressed about who I was I soon got help and have now been off drugs for 4 years now and have come to terms with who I am and it scares me to think that there are probably people on here that use drugs to comfort themselves and to cover up how they really feel I hope that they can get help like I did before its too late

6. tired_of_lying411

This.. all of this, makes me proud to be someone who sticks to THEIR OWN morals and doesn't follow the crowd when it comes to any kind of drug. I just know that I don't need it, and 15 years down the line, what's it really gonna matter that I didn't do drugs in high school? And who's really more likely to end up with the better life?

YAY for drug-free-ness!:eusa_danc

7. Sam

Sam

yeah I'm happy for you too! you should be proud my problem was more me trying to cover up my emotional problems and trying to achieve a fake happiness and not actually have to deal with how I was actually feeling then a going with the crowd thing in fact I could have cared less about the people around me. I was so confused about so many different things and depressed that I didn't care if it killed me until I finally woke up and learned to deal with how I was feeling and not cover it up I am a happy person now and I am working on being completely honest about who I am and all I have left is my dad to be honest with

8. Cloud Nine 5

You're forgeting that marajawana also helps mentally. Just like when some people smoke cigarettes

9. kevinx519

*sigh* i can't say i know what it's like to be addicted nor have i known anyone that has been hooked. and in all seriousness, i hope i never will. but sometimes i look at some teens on the street doing those kinds of things and i worry. i'm so scared that one day i could be that kind of person or someone i knew could be doing those things. i can't even begin to explain all the fear that's been instilled in me because of all the things i've learned about drugs. and that's why i've made the decision that i won't drink any alcohol ever in my life. i know it's not a drug and that it's completely legal, but i'm scared i may get hooked. and all in all, it could lead to worse things. it's probably gonna be hard for me to do. but i hope i have enough courage to do it.

10. Rainbow Starlite

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have occasionally smoked pot for years and I have NEVER tried anything else and have zero desire to do so. I think everyone is different. I do work/study in substance abuse and see horrible things though.

11. Rain33

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've done ecxtasy, pot, and dxm.

DXM was the ebst.

Its amazing i cant even explain it.

ecxtesy was ok not as good as its cracked up to be.

Pot is the biggest pussy drug excuse my french but it is. Kids who want to be hard and want to be cool do it.

I have been offered crystal meth but i didnt try it.

I know alot of heroin addicts. Ive been offered that too.

Ive pretty much been offered everything.

12. Negasta

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One of my best friends has been a pot smoker for 6 years and has told me that he is happy with just doing pot and will never go on to harder stuff.

How you cope with using pot is dependent on your personality and genetics, some people become raging addicts that go on to harder stuff while other stay on weed and only weed.

The irony is that nonsense propaganda from Big Brother a.k.a. the Government, leads people to believe that it is weed that is a gateway drug. What then about alcohol and tobacco, that are directly involved in 50 000 and 400 000 death respectively in America each year and have no medical uses and are almost all cases the first mind altering drugs used by people experimenting.

Compare that to marijuana, which has a multitude of recognised medicinal uses . There has also never been a recorded case of an overdose of Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the psychoactive compound in marijuana . There has never been a single death attributed to the use of marijuana.

The so-called "War on Drugs" that the U.S. government is waging all over the world is creating far more problems than it is solving. When you prohibit the sale and use of a commodity that is in demand, you create a black market that is an open invitation for crime and corruption, just look at what happened during the prohibition in America during the 1920's.

Just as some people become raging alcoholics, so some people will become addicted to weed and then move on to heavier stuff. That is no reason to ban pot (other than the original racist reasons), just like there is no reason to ban alcohol or cigarettes.

People should have the right to put in their bodies whatever they see fit, without any interference from the government. Should a person become dangerously addicted to their drug of choice, the Government can use the billions of tax dollars earned from the legal sale of drugs to rehabilitate them.