1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ewww

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by No day butoday, Jul 18, 2007.

1. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know a lot of these posts are about worries about STD's and a bunch of life-threatening conditions, but I've got a serious problem:

MY FACE IS ALL ICKYYYYY

So, I'm breaking out, and basically what I'm wondering is if anyone knows a good blackhead/acne treatment thing. I'm using Clean & Clear and that works pretty well, but I'm wondering if there's some "miracle cream" that makes all my little problem pores go awayyy

Hehe, thankyou in advance!

2. Jerr

You have to find something that works for you. People's skin reacts differently to different things. Just because it works for them doesn't mean it will work for you. You also have to take into consideration... you are 15. One of the cursed years.

I believe there was a thread that involved this... I don't feel like looking for it but I'm sure someone will OR you could. lol

3. Blue0090

Blue0090 Guest

dude the best thing to do is to go to a dermatologist. i did and he prescribed me a facial wash, a cream for acne, something else for acne, and a moisturizer. and guess what i havent had a single pimple since he prescribed those.

but it would cost u about $200 tho.

4. c_jayo6

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ProActive....all the hype about it is true. It deff works if u use it to its full potential. Also I dont know if u drink sweet drinks and stuff (eating chocolate,soda, juice, etc)..but if u lay off of that for a while and drink water regulary ur skin will change. Altho u are in the prime for acne and such lots of water really is the trick.

5. SadConfusedBandGeek

LOL!!!
    THat made me laugh, only cause i have said that a lot
    wut CJ said, is probably the best advice, drink lots of water and since its summer...(Well summer where i am)
    Its probably pretty hot and your sweating and all the ick is getting on ur face, so maybe just wash ur face if ur sweating a lot!
    Lol
    and dont worry i dont think ur face looks icky:kiss:
    hehe

6. 24601

Alright well, I had this problem (and still do a tiny bit although it's like maybe one every so often and very rarely a minor breakout) for a long time. I found the best and easiest approach is a 2% salicylic acid facewash (pHisoderm has one, as does Neutrogena, and probably some others, Neutrogena is the one I use now cause it comes in a bigger bottle and works the same). Use it 1-3 times daily. First, rinse face with warm water. Then lather it on. Then wait a minute, and rinse it off. After you rinse it off, dry your face thoroughly, and then use a .5% salicylic acid moisturizer (only one I know of is made by Neutrogena). This helps your face to not dry out, and again helps get rid of it. This is the approach that worked for.

Also, you can ask your doctor for some antibiotics or something that may help. There are also prescription creams, although I don't think they work as well as the stuff I said above. They're also quite annoying.

If your face is really bad though...

There is a heavy duty treatment involving the use of Isotretinoin that, although basically guaranteed to work and keep your acne gone forever, may have some pretty nasty side effects while treatment goes on. It's commonly marketed as Accutane and to undergo treatment, there is a lot you need to do. Because it's a retinoid (meaning it's derived from Vitamin A) high amounts can be damaging to your body, particularly your liver. Most people I have talked to that did this say during treatment your face gets really dry, and you need to get blood tests and check ups monthly. However, most people also HIGHLY recommend it. It's generally a last resort if you've tried antibiotics and face washes to no effect.

7. godfather

godfather Guest

this is my first ever comment or anything but i think c jay06 is right!!
    hope it gets better!!

8. Red87

I dealt with really bad Acne for like 4 or 5 years... started when I was 13, stopped when I was 18. It sucks, I know. I'll still get the random pimple like once every couple months, but hardly ever now.

Time is the best cure IMO since it's guaranteed to work, but I used a lot of stuff with Salycilic Acid to help keep it under control (Even though I could never have a completely clear face). I used the face pads and cream, twice a day, and it kept my face tolerable even though I'd occasionally have a really bad breakout. But like I said, as i got a bit older, It gradually stopped and now my face is clear. Its awkward, but its one of those things some of us just get, and other's don't.

9. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :icon_redf Thankyou(*hug*) :kiss:
    I've had about a gallon of water since I read this lol
    Or a cup, but whatever :grin:

And thanks to everyone that gave me their orgasmically great advice =]]

10. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

At best the various treatments mentioned above might work for you. Some will work others not. The best addition to help is cut refined flour and sugar from the diet. It stops the high low cycling of insulin thus keeps the skin oils from thickening. It was found in studies with the insulin levels cycling up and down, causes a thicken of the normal oils on the skin, so pores clog easier.

11. Double Dubya

Clean & Clear Morning Burst SHINE CONTROL FACIAL CLEANSER with Bursting Beads - With Lemon grass & Fruit Extracts (that is what the label says) in the shower. Between showers I use an OXY pad just to freshen up a bit, especially if I get sweaty. It really takes care of pimples, black heads, and oily gunk, but I do get ingrown hairs in my beard that look like pimples:dry:

12. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good plan, I'm kind of a junk food nut D: Cutting down might help that =] Thanks!(*hug*)

13. Moth

I have AWFUL acne, and so do all my siblings. Just runs in my family, I guess. Nothing really seems to work for any of us... different things work to varying degrees, but nothing really gets rid of it. Some things may work, some may not, I would suggest just trying stuff... I don't even know how many different treatments I've tried... unfortunately I don't care about my appearance enough to keep trying different things, but if you do and you stumble across something that works, awesome. =] Hopefully you won't be like me where nothing really works. What I do that works the best for me is just using straight isopropyl (sp?) alcohol, though people keep telling me it's not good because it'll dry your face out TOO much and then your face gets worse because your skin is trying to replace that moisture so it produces even more oil. I suppose it depends on the individual, because that doesn't seem to be the case with me.

14. Ryguy

Ryguy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok guys idk if anyone suggested this fince i didnt feel like reading the posts but slpash your face with pure alchohol. it may sting but it dries out acne and stuff fast

15. Kimi

I have very bad acne problem since I was 12...and I still do...Though it's getting better.
    Right now I'm using proactive solution series and it seems to me working well.

Plenty of sleep, eat healthy and vegetables, and lots of water also helps to reduce acne too. And maybe wash your face 3 times a day might help too.
    If you want to know about how to wash face properly just say so, I'm not gonna write it now cuz it's kinda long and I'm too tired to do it now since you said you wanna know good products.

Oh, and I think meeting a dermatologist would be good too. I met one few year ago and he gave me some cream and pills that kills bacteria on my skin. I didn't follow doctor's instruction and I kinda stop using them so I don't know how it would work but since he gave me some medicines(not medical products like proactive solution) I think they should work very well too.

I hope your skin gets better:slight_smile:

16. kiryt100

Out Status:
    A few people
    Drink tons of water, it keeps the skin clean or w.e but I use Biore. They have tons of cleansers. I use the foam cleanser and scrub. I also have the clay mask (which may be kinda girly BUT IT WORKS WONDERS espically if you want a blemish GONE an hour from now). But the one this use everyyday after i wash my face is the astringent. IT'S AMAZING. I reccomend Biore!

17. CrimsonThunder

You don't need any of those chemicals. If you do what people here say (eating healthy, cleaning your face) you'll be fine. Fatty foods will produce them. I work at Hungry Jacks and we have fat and oil everywhere in the air there so it's really hard to not get pimples. ;_; I've thought of quitting before just to stop them.

I think stress could also cause them.

18. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks again for all the advice. I think cleaning up my diet will be enough for now, since it's not a huge problem, I just get really self conscious about blackheads. o_e

19. CrimsonThunder

You also gotta remember its a natural thing. I've heard that if you don't have pimples you'll get wrinkles in your face earlier. Dunno if its true though.

20. boarder25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went to a dermatologist, and he prescribed some stuff. Within a month or so, my acne was 99% gone. I couldn't believe how well the stuff he gave me worked.