1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Oh wow...nice hands."

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Roralo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Roralo

Roralo Guest

Contrary to the topic, this isn't about nice hands. I have these sores and calluses on my hands from tennis/erg and I wasn't really bothered by them till I shook hands with someone and they mentioned later that shaking my hands was like rubbing sandpaper. Being sort of conscious about myself, I am quite worried. So to those who work out or play a sport where calluses and sores develop, do you have this same problem? Would it be wise if I stop worrying about this instead of buying a billion hand creams to make my skin smooth again?

2. thebikelady

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Bag Balm. Comes in a green tin, originally made as a product for cows' udders up in Vermont, and it is wonderful. I used this back when I was rock climbing all the time. You get to keep the useful callouses, but they aren't all scratchy. Helps keep them from ripping off too.

3. shireguy

moisturize daily using olive butter or cocoa butter works good , but as for me i'm a guitarist and bassist so i get it on my finger tips i see it as a compliment

4. KaraBulut

A lot of guys have problems with dry, cracked hands. Sports and work can dry them. Even though it may seem a little feminine to moisturize your hands, it's a good idea because broken and chapped skin will make you susceptible to skin infections. Moisture also helps to heal the skin quicker. And let's face it, chapped hands hurt.

If you go to the drug store or grocery store, you can get little traveler packs of lotion that are inexpensive and can be thrown into your gym bag or backpack. Some good brands for healing skin are Cetaphil, Lubriderm and Eucerin. After you shower, wash your hands and before you go to bed, put the lotion on both sides of your hands. Be sure to get your fingers and your cuticles. Then blot the palms of your hands with a paper towel or cloth to remove the excess (Eucerin in particular is a little oily).

If you get in the habit of doing this, you should start seeing a difference within a couple of weeks.

5. Corny

Corny Guest

Seconded! Worked for me really good while I was still fencing!

6. Jekko

i prefer guys that have their hands like yours, the roughier the manlier the guy is in my opinion. And i prefer Not flamboyant guys :S

7. Roralo

Roralo Guest

Haha. I used that bag balm and I also began squirting a little lotion on my hands after workouts and games. My hands are better now, thanks!

8. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Corn Huskers Lotion worked well for my hands, too. just watch what you touch after you have your hands covered!