1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exessive sweating

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by rocking23, Jul 30, 2009.

1. rocking23

so back b4 the summer, even in the winter i would without a 2nd thought be drenched in the underarm region by sweat, i realized it was probably because of the deodorant/antiperspirant i used - which was a gel. So i stopped that and used Axe Dry but i still sweat too much it may be the heat it may not because before summer i used my axe dry i would still have sweat but no a water show.

its like im sitting in a chair no activity at all and im sweating outa my mind!

what are some good deodorant/antiperspirant to stop this... and i mean STOP i only want to sweat when im active and that doesnt include eating lunch in the cafeteria

2. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My chemistry makes me sweat bunches (err buckets) too. I hate it. I don't often use deodarant or antip, either. Just don't like putting chemicals on my skin (unless it makes rubbing more fun! lol) . I'm not too hairy, tho, (damn little under arm hair, actually) so I don't have much in the way of odor issues. Let me know if you find a cure!

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I sweat from nothing; like walking up the stairs (I'm not even obese or anything lol). My dad is the same way.

4. KaraBulut

Is the sweating only on your underarms or do you sweat elsewhere?

5. Mugwump

Have you tried Driclor? I think it may have different names in different countries but you could google it to find the active ingredient. I think it's aluminium chloride hexahydrate or something. It burns like hell but it helps.

6. The Enigma

The Enigma Guest

Do you get much daily activity or exorcise?

7. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you shave or trim your pit hair?

Trimming your pit hair can allow a better contact between deodorant / Antiperspirant and your skin. As well trimming the hair reduces places bacteria can grow and cause unpleasant odours. It also reduces clumps of antiperspirant from causing nasty antiperspirant stains.

Personally I found Antiperspirants ineffective, so I just use deodorant which seems just as effective at odour control but without the nasty stains.

8. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    Yeah, my underarms sweat a ton too. Try AridXX antiperspirant. It works pretty well for me.

9. Mickey

uh oh! Am I the only female with this problem?
    Okay,I've come this far so....
    I not only sweat a lot,I'm almost always hot.
    I found the best thing to use is powder with corn starch in it.
    Put a little on,use your deodorant ,then add a little more powder.
    I live in Mass. and our winters can be brutal. I'm the only person I know that can wear just a sweatshirt and a denim jacket. ALL winter! Summers are another thing!
    Thank God for a/c!
    It's NOT a "female" thing, either. I've always been this way.
    Anyway,if you try a few different things and it doesn't work for you,ask a pharmacist or a Dr. I'm sure many people go through this. Good luck!

10. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One thing to be cautious of is corn starch can provide food to odour causing bacteria.

(indoors) I wear short sleeve shirts all winter. When I go outdoors I just put a jacket on top.

11. PJ James

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well 37 degrees C is just an average body temp. Some people run hot and then even just a little heat or activity sends your core temp to high causing you to sweat

Thats the cause of my prob anyway

12. lulu165

lulu165 Guest

But baby powder has corn starch and sometimes its scented. I am trying baby powder today because I sweat alot too

13. preacherskid83

I have the same issue. My back will be drenched just walking down the hall. I work outside for a living, hard labor, so I'm in decent shape. My doctors called it hyperdyrosis. Recommended botox injections in my sweat glands. Yeah... I think I'll deal with the sweating. The other thing he suggested was bathing in black tea (like buy bulk black tea bags, steep them in the tub, and bathe in that once a month). Apparently there are natural chemicals in the tea that block sweat glands. Haven't tried it yet, but I may, as I'm in Michigan and we're getting record breaking high temps.

14. Pandur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have the same thing I saw my doctor about t she said it was hyperhidrosis over active sweat glands she prescribed a topical medication called Drysol it really helped dramatically. I suggest seeing your doctor. ;]

15. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Just pointing out that this thread was created back in 2009 :slight_smile:

16. SMiNKLe

Out Status:
    All but family
    You might have hyperhidrosis or perhaps an overactive thyroid gland. Both are medical conditions that you can ask your doctor about. I use Secret Clinical Strength Advanced Solid because it's the strongest I've found. I also use antiperspirant/deoderant spray on my feet so my feet don't stink from the bacteria in sweat. But I still get sweaty palms and just sweaty in general. I'm a girl, too so people think it's weird or gross that I sweat. I'm just a normal human, though, and there are a LOT of people on the internet who say they have the same thing, so I'm not worried at all. Just try your best to manage symptoms of sweating too much like stains on your clothes. Oh and you can get away with wearing white, black, layering your shirts, tank tops, and shirts with patterns.

Nobody will hate you for sweating, but they will if you stink... so shower your body often, I would say after every time you've sweat if possible, or try to do it twice a day. It helps because sweat not only clogs your pores and makes more acne, but whatever body hair you have is great for smelly bacteria to live in, and if you don't scrub your body (you can't just spray it with water) the bacteria is still on there because they like warm wet places. And always use clean bedding, towels, etc and rest every pair of shoes for 24hrs at least after wearing them so they don't collect a lot of bacteria ^^

Oh and you can also sweat from anxiety. So if you become anxious about how much you sweat, you'll sweat even more! So... don't sweat it! :grin: :grin: hahah

#16 SMiNKLe, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011