1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running Nausea

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by silentsound, Aug 11, 2009.

1. silentsound

So I hurt my ankle a little while back and have been working all summer on getting my strength back up through a combination of specialized strength conditioning and running on my own. I started out doing 2-4 mile runs at a medium pace to help my endurance and now I am strong enough to work of getting my speed back up again. I have been doing 1 mile timers in order to help me do this. The problem is, about .5-.8 miles in I have been getting terribly nauseous. This slows me down a ton and is usually manageable enough that I can force my way through the mile, but today I got so violently ill that I had to stop. I need to shave at least 41 more seconds off my time before the end of the summer (I have already cut 1:06 off) to reach my goal and I can't have this slowing me down or, the most frightening of all, stopping me. Any ideas as to what could be going on or what I could do differently?

2. Jim1454

I'm a proponent of listening to your body. If it isn't happy, there's something wrong or you're pushing it too hard.

Maybe your goal is too aggressive?