1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finger joint issues

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Maddy, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About four years ago I got hit really hard in the ring finger with a softball. Somehow there was no fracture, but I did some damage to the ligaments. It was swollen for a couple of months, painful to bend for ages (didn't help that it's my dominant hand and I had to keep it curled when I wrote) and I still get pain in it sometimes. Lately I've noticed I have some trouble bending the finger - I get some pain on bending it, and the movement feels a bit impaired. What sort of lasting damage could I have done with an injury that didn't break any bones?

2. fallendream

perhaps you've gotten athritis(sp?)

3. partietraumatic

i doubt it arthritis at the age of 19,could be,but its unlikely i think.

Did you go to the hospital and have a splint or anything? Coz if not i think its possible that the ligaments didnt reheal in the exact same way they were before. That happened when my thumb got hit during a rugby match,it swelled up massively and i had lots of pain moving. But i just let it be and now my thumb doesnt slide properly i can move it back to a certain point,then it jolts the last bit :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. KaraBulut