1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foreskin questions

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ciel, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Ciel

Ciel Guest

So, my foreskins been too tight for a long time and I haven't been able to pull it back at all (And also causes some pain from masturbation and burning at times from urinating). So today I went to a urologist and he told me my only two options really were to try the steroid cream stuff and stretch it, or get circumcised. It seemed like he was saying that the cream has a very low chance of working also because I most likely have scar tissue at the end of my foreskin. So does this mean that I should just go with getting a circumcision? Is that really my only effective option, because I'd really rather not (Surgery...scary...;_; ). So far I have yet to make any plans of what I'm doing yet, but I guess I'd rather figure out whatever I'm doing and get it done sooner than later.

:icon_redf:bang:
    :tears::help:

2. fallendream

well done for seeing a urologist dude; braver than i am (doctors are scary)

secondly; circumcision will definitely work so that's the quickest option but then theres the stretching option; sure it might not work but theres a chance that youre t.v will blow up the minute you turn it on; you still turn it on.

3. KaraBulut

The urologist is most likely correct. Steroid creams work when there's mild thickening of the foreskin that prevents it from being fully retracted. When you have scarring or a very tight opening (foramen), steroid creams usually don't thin the skin enough to resolve the problem.

After a circumcision, you're a bit uncomfortable for 7-10 days after the surgery. The first few days, it's difficult to wear underwear and you may not be able to take a bath or shower for a few days. So, if you're in school, you probably want to hold off until you have a long break over the holidays or in the summer.

In the meantime, it's not going to hurt to try steroid cream. It's much cheaper than a circumcision and you might get some results from it. But in the long term, you do need to think about when you would be able to schedule a circumcision.

A note on circumcision: most circumcised penises that you've seen were done on infants- usually in the first week after birth. Since you're an adult, you can talk with your urologist about how much foreskin you want to retain. He will at least have to do a preputioplasty to break the scar tissue. But beyond that, the amount of foreskin that you have trimmed off is something that you can decide in your discussion with the doctor. Don't be afraid to bring the subject up and discuss it with the doctor before the surgery.

4. Holmes

Get a second opinion.

I had a problem of this nature, it wasn't as bad as your case sounds though. It didn't cause a problem masturbating, expect if I recall when I did first. But I didn't pull the skin back when I did.

When I had sex first, it was painful, and on later occasions it bled badly. The college doctor I went to said it was a relatively common problem, that about 5% of boys have foreskins that are in some way too tight. He recommended a frenuloplasty, which I got a few months later, which cut down on the skin connecting the foreskin to the head. It's a minor surgery really, I did get anaesthesia, but mainly because I have a history of fainting.

5. Elven

I have suffered from foreskin infections from birth and had scar tissue but after many different seemingly pointless treatments the new doctor agreed that I required a circumcision and so last year at age 13 I was circumcised under a general anesthetic and for the first few days I wasn't very pleased, it was fairly painful and for about the first three weeks it wasn't that pleasant but it is so much nicer now and I feel so much better for it, I couldent even pee properly before and an erexion was torture but I was just starting puberty so i'm not sure about what it would mean for someone nearing the end of puberty...

#5 Elven, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  6. 507bro

you have phimosis :slight_smile:
    yeah if it is bothering you that much
    then get it circumcised, but if you want to keep
    your skin i use the cream but this is you penis
    so it's your choice

7. fallendream

actually a condition just as(?) common as phimosis is a frenulum breve and can often be mis-diagnosed.

but yeah, it is your penis so your choice.

8. Ciel

Ciel Guest

Gahhh, wow, sorry I never replied in this, I totally forgot. xD
    Well, so I'm still at crossroads as to what to do. I've been trying the cream, but sadly I haven't been able to keep up with how often I'm supposed to use it due to school and forgetfulness. I figure I could keep trying that out and if I don't see any meaningful results by about winter break (Roughly a month and a half away) maybe go for the circumcision? I'll have somewhere around a month and a half off of school during that time so it seems like it would be ideal if I were to have it done.
    Also, would you think a second opinion should be sought out? Like, I'm starting to just come to the conclusion that I want this over with and Circumcision seems like the only way to do it that way, but should I get a second opinion just in case?
    ...So...Yar. xD

9. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to think of my frenulum as my male hymen because not long after I first started masturbating I went too hard on a downstroke completely snapped it, my frenulum. Needless to say there was lots of blood and I was scared shitless, but I check it out and it didn't look too bad. I just didn't touch it for 2 weeks, except to wash, and I haven't had any problems since. Yeah, I wouldn't recommend it, but it worked for me.

10. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Over here in the UK circumcision is normally a last resort thing. If creams or a simple slit cut into the skin to loosen it doesn't work then it may be thought about. If you stuck with the creams and such you probably wont have to go through the trauma of it all.

11. KaraBulut

The steroid cream should be applied 1-2 times per day. What I usually recommend is that guys shower, dry their penis and apply the cream in the morning. When you apply it, apply it to the outisde of the foreskin and then use your index finger to apply it to the inside of the foreskin. The goal is to thin the foreskin enough so that you can use your index finger and the thumb to stretch the opening of the foreskin. As you continue stretching it, hopefully you can get to a point where you can get the foreskin back and forth over the head of your penis.

I have had a few guys tell me that masturbation was a good stretching exercise. The process of moving the foreskin back and forth over the head of the penis will help detach the foreskin from the glans, stretch the frenulum and also (hopefully) stretch the foramen so that it becomes large enough to get back and forth over the head of the penis.

If you end up having to be circumcized, talk to your surgeon about how much foreskin would be removed. Unless your scar is very tight and or far back on the foreskin, you may be able to get a partial circumcision where only the scar band is removed. Take a fine point market with you and ask him to mark where the incision would be so that you can discuss how much would be removed and why.

If the surgeon can't or won't explain this to you, then get another surgeon.

12. CrimsonThunder

Your lucky you get to choose if you are circumsized, some of us didnt. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I say, if its best for your health you should do it. :slight_smile:

13. shorty

If its neccesary, sure. I'm quite fond of my foreskin though, i would hate to take off more than is medically neccesary. Penises might look better to some without it, but its a wonderfull part that I feel is a crime against boys to remove in infancy. (hehe, that comment might stimulate some heated debate :slight_smile: )

14. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Get your Tin hats here! :dry: :grin:

15. Emberstone

well, it is said that the penis appears bigger if it is circumcised...

*point one for skinfree!*

16. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Yeh, they all say that to make them selves feel better about having it cut off. :grin: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. shorty

Uh, cut off ten of thousands nerve endings so it *looks bigger?* No thanks.. :tears:

#17 shorty, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  18. Emberstone

I was circumcised at birth because of health reasons. dont miss the nerve endings one bit. Cant miss what you cant remeber having.

19. x2x2x2x2y2

Omg readin stories like these FREAK ME OUT. I'm not gonna masturbate for like a week. Lol I feel sick now...

20. ^I agree. (Except on the no masturbating for a week part :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

I agree with both of you. Infant circumcision is a violation of personal rights. I hate that I didn't get to choose whether or not to get circumcised. But if someone wants to get circumcised when he's old enough to make an educated decision about it, then go right ahead.