1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think something's wrong with me...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gera-Kun, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Gera-Kun

I used to eat my three meals and mybe more. and now i'm lucky if i even feel hungry to eat dinner or even a snack. i haven't eaten much anymore and i don't even feel hungry... is something wrong with me?

2. GuitarGirl1350

A few factors can contribute to hunger.
    - The excersise you get/calories you burn in a day.
    - Stress. Sometimes stress causes excess hunger and sometimes it ebbs the appetite.
    - Hormones.

So if you're getting less excersise or are stressed, those could be factors. I'm sorry I can't help more...

3. Gera-Kun

well, i excersise more now and i'm not even stressed. and this non-hunger really ruins my diet. i'm suppose to eat certain things, but i don't feel hungry. and right now there's a roast beef subway next to me and i don't even want to eat it dispite how it smells. and i never eat when i'm not hungry cause it just ruins the taste. well, i'm a try eat this sub. doubt that i'll be able to eat half of it...

4. Gera-Kun

like i suspected. yuck. i hate it when i try eating when i'm not hungry. always tastes ugly...and i think that's all i'm gonna be able to eat today... sucks!:tears:

5. Psych!

Psych! Guest

i think that's what's going on with me, since I'm exercising a little less than usual and have a lot of stress on me. Now I'm hungry most of the time as opposed to before when I was almost never hungry

6. Gera-Kun

you lucky. i need to eat. but i just can't for some unknown reason

7. Psych!

Psych! Guest

not really good, since overeating will just fatten you up

8. Gera-Kun

yeah, and under eating will give you health conditions...and i'm afraid of getting any! T_T good thing is i still could drink water, and i tend to drink lots. Am i turning into a fish?! O.O lol.

9. Psych!

Psych! Guest

i doubt it, but i know its good to drink lots of water, but still there's a condition or sickness that you can get if you overhydrate

10. Gera-Kun

:tears: I didn't need to hear that... i currently have very annoying allergies, constant chest pains from ever since i could remember, and mild asthma! XP and now i might have something else... sucks! oh, well. and my grandma says i might get nemonia(sp?) because i stand in front of the air conditoner after my hour walk home... i'm really sick, huh? lol. i'm fine except for those things. and don't feel bad for me, I kinda don't like it that much if it's just for these conditions.

11. Psych!

Psych! Guest

*pneumonia*

as for the chest pain, that could probably be it, so you should get that checked (I was hospitalized for pneumonia). and yes standing in front of the a/c while sweating could cause it.

12. Double Dubya

About the eating: I am the same way now. Most of the time I couldn’t give a :***: if I ate again in my life. I have dropped 40 pounds since this time last year. I needed to loose the weight but I didn’t loose it the way I expected.

13. Psych!

Psych! Guest

yeah, the same thing happened to me this year. i kinda stopped eating and only drank water or juices with antioxidants, and i dropped from the 157 i was earlier this year to about 136 that i'm now. i know that crash diets aren't the best way to lose weight, but it's off :rolleyes:

14. phoenix17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was at 145 i think but i stopped eating breakfast and lunch b/c i was never hungry and dropped to 128.

15. GuitarGirl1350

Pneumonia will cause a very high fever. So if you don't have a high fever, you probably don't have it. I had a 107 degree fever and passed out a few times...not fun. Still, get it checked if you feel the need. You may have it in an early stage. Plus, there's two types of pneumonia: bacterial and viral. I don't know the symptoms for viral pneumonia, but bacterial pneumonia will give you the horrible fever.

I get chest pains from overexhaustion and dehydration. So, do you get alot of water intake and sleep?

Like ezjaxter, I get perpetually hungry when I'm stressed. I have to excersise alot of self-control, as I basically sit at my computer all day.

16. CrimsonThunder

Yeah you can die from drinking too much water.

17. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

You are exercising, not overly tired, feeling weak, etc. There could be a number of factors happening here. Your age is stated as 16, so you could either be coming off a growth spurt or getting ready to start another. When this happens, appetite has a tendency to decrease. Also exercise has a tendency to shut down the appetite a bit too. Another thing is the water consumption. If enough is taken in, it expands the gut and thus the gut sends signals to the brain and shut off any hunger cravings. Mood swings can also affect appetite as can depression.

Depending on how long this condition has been going on is to whether or not to be concerned. If of a short duration, I wouldn't worry about it, but if it last more than a couple of weeks, then things need to be checked out.

Pneumonia whether or not it is bacterial or viral can have remarkably similar symptoms. I doubt you have either as there is no cough and generally you are not complaining about feeling down and out. Standing in front of an AC will not cause any problems unless you get too chilled (that can cause a temporary dip in your immune systems ability to respond).

Chest pains as described could be from overexertion of muscles. Also you have asthma and if not well controlled it can cause over expansion of the lungs and place undue stretch to the chest wall muscles and cause a bit of problem here. Also if coughing a lot, that can also cause muscle injury.

18. Double Dubya

Mine would have to measured in months, not weeks

19. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

The one thing I was holding off on could be psychological issues, most likely dealing with body image, low self esteem coupled with mild to chronic depression. When these become the issues, it is beyond the scope of an advice column to deal with, but needs professional one on one working. Dieting is one thing, changing the way one views food and how much of it is also a part of it, but to place eating into an all or nothing category is totally another thing. There are issues about, that have not been addressed and should not be addressed in such a forum such as this, but with hidden meanings and issues not resolved, there is little that can be done, until such time as you are able to meet with someone who can help in a face to face situation.

In other words: such things can't be sniff out of the air by someone who doesn't know you and can't see you, etc. There is much missing in what has been said, so a clear and concise answer cannot be ascertained or given. That needs to come from a different venue entirely.

20. jayden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    im 16 also and dont eat much i dont get hungry either but have always been as skinny like a rake. im very short to . maybe you have been upset lately if you use to eat more before??? some of my mates eat to much i think and are over weight but if you feel ok every thing should be ok