1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cramp

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ccdd, Sep 7, 2009.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I currently have really, really bad period-related cramp (or at least I presume so because it's about the right time although my period isn't quite here yet). I STILL don't know how to deal with it. What do you all do? Mostly I just lie on my bed and hope for the best. I mean, I don't even know what painkiller is best - I usually take paracetamol (I don't know what that is in America - Tylenol maybe?) - but it really really hurts! :tears:

2. Apocalypte

I just accept that it's going to be a Feminax, chocolate and bed day. The first day of my period is basically a writeoff in terms of doing ANYTHING because my cramps are that bad. :frowning2:

3. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Could you not speak to your doctor if they are really that painful? He or she would probably have more helpful suggestion's than us

4. musicgirl112233

I had the same problem and I was taking Tylenol. My told me that Tylenol doesn't work for cramps and I should take Ibuprofen (Advil and Motrin). You should try that next time.

5. GhostDog

Tylenol doesn't do a damn thing for me when I'm having cramps. I take ibuprofen/advil, and even then it seems to take it twice as long to help my cramps as it does any other complaint I have.

When I'm on the first day of my cramps and they're really terrible, I'll take three advil instead of two. I don't do it for more than the first or maybe the second day, though.

I do second the suggestion to see a doctor, though!

6. Heating pad? I spent the better part of my great-grandma's 93rd birthday in bed with cramps, and the heating pad was the only way I made it out of bed at all.