1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H1n1??!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by DexterMorgan, Oct 1, 2009.

1. DexterMorgan

Okay, I think I have the swine flu(H1N1)...

Yesterday afternoon, I had a slight cough and a runny nose. No big deal, right? This morning my dog wanted to be let outside, so I got up to let him out. As I got up; I felt soooo sore. It was like my flesh was about to fall off of my bones. I didn't work out or do anything that required me to work my ass off the day before. So I went back to bed. I woke up a few hours later for school. I felt the same way I did the few hours before, so I thought it was because I was tired. But this time I had a bad dry cough, a raspy throat, and a runny nose. I decided to stay home. I took a four hour nap, stayed up for an hour....FELT WORSE, so I went to bed again, for about three hours.

Now I'm currently awake writing this. I feel like shit, I feel cold, and I'm still drowsy..All while being paranoid at the same time. I really don't know what to do, my grandma says that it's just a sinus infection or cold. But I keep telling her I might have the flu; and she insists it isn't!!! I'm going mad...:help:

2. KaraBulut

If you have a fever, you probably do have the flu. There are several viruses going around in the US at the moment. But bone/muscle aches are most typical of the flu.

Fever and length of illness are what distinguish flu from common cold or sinus infection. People with the flu tend to run high fevers (over 100.5F) and the illness lasts 5-10 days. Common cold will usually last 2-3 days and there will not be high fevers. Sinus infections are actually not that common- most of the time what people think is a sinus infection is actually a cold.

It's getting too late in the course for Tamiflu. You should follow the usual flu management- fluids, best rest, over-the-counter meds like Theraflu or DayQuil (Nyquil at night) to manage your symptoms.

#2 KaraBulut, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well I would suggest making a doctor's appointment to find out for sure.

4. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Definitely make a doctors appointment. You likely don't have the swine flu. But you may have pneumonia or bronchitis or perhaps the regular flu. When I got pneumonia I felt just as bad as you. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics. Within a few days I was feeling wonderful again. It's the only time I've ever called off of work so I know where you're coming from.

I still don't know about this h1n1 thing... It seems like a load of BS that a scientist cooked up in a lab to make Americans more lenient to accepting a bill that would allow a public healthcare option. Scare tactics, imo.

5. DexterMorgan

Thank you guys. I'm at the doctor's right now. All he I'd was check my temp so far. So I'm waiting for him to come back in the room. It's been 45 minutes so far!!

6. Jim1454

Yes. Probably the same guy that was on the grassy knoll. :icon_wink

OP: I hope your doctor is able to help you out.

7. DexterMorgan

Alright, thanks again guys.

The doc said I have a nasty virus, that's all. :slight_smile:

8. Zac4

good u r ok..
    eh swine flus coming tho :grin: its already all over my school, 4 ppl i know had it dr confirmed the h1n1.
    just like bad regular flu tho, hi fever.

9. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had it this year, it was no worse than any other flu i've had in the past, though it certainly wasn't pleasant.