1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

zits turning into lumps.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by shorty, Oct 3, 2009.

1. shorty

This hasn't happened to me before. I don't get many zits, but I seem to have gotten a couple recently, including one I would almost call a boil on the back of my neck. In the past, they would come to a head, and then go down and heal really fast. But all of them lately seem to (even though they pop) turn into like little cysts. The oldest one is slowly dissappearing, but three others are pretty prominant (though not big) lumps under the skin. Any idea why this could be? Just a bit concerned, as I had a blind zit on the back of my neck that turned into a large cysty kind of lump. Its still there after many many years and doesn't bother me other than having the lump, but I certainly don't want to end up covered in the things. :eek:

2. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    it could be multiple zits in the same area, with only one of them being ripe or, it could be that some of the zit is being pushed deeper into the skin as you pop them (which would explain why it's not really disappearing).

3. L|L

L|L

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are they warm to the touch?

4. shorty

Hmm, nah. They just turn quite hard and are just under the skin. (like a little pebble under the skin)

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it might be a good idea to go and see your doctor to have them checked out and to make sure that there is not something more serious going on... But I don't think you need to worry, just go to be on the safe side!

6. BayeBorde

BayeBorde Guest

ya its nothing big, ive gotten some like that before its like u have a ball or something under your skin but you dont quite see it, dot worry about it, just wash ur face everyday and use some cotton balls and rubbing alcohol and rub it on ur face

7. shorty

I did see a doc about something unrelated a while ago, when the first one had turned into a lump and asked him about it. he just sort of shrugged, said its probably turned into a cyst and said to get it cut out if i want. The thing thats bothering me, is that I have just had a sudden (very unusual for me) outbreak of zits (even if its only a few, i rarely get them at all), and they all seem to have done it.

8. KaraBulut

You need to see a dermatologist.

What you are describing sounds very much like adult-onset acne. It has a tendency to form cysts or macules. What can happen is that instead of draining to the outside like a typical zit or whitehead, the lesion damages the pore which results in scar formation.

A dermatologist can evaluate whether you would benefit from a topical retinoid like Retin-A or whether you need another form of treatment.

9. Pendrin2020

You've had this for years?

I had this zit one time that I just couldn't get rid of to save my damned life. Well, after squeezing it again and again for years and managing to get the pus out but not seeing it go away, I whipped out my pliers and tryed to latch onto the head (didn't have tweezers handy).

When I gave it a quick tug, I pulled out a 13.5 inch long hair. It was all curled up inside the pore. Which is why It went so deep and felt so hard. I think you need to find someone to go over your back and neck looking for tiny dots on those zits, cuz' it could just be and ingrown hair.

10. Camman3

Can I just say that KaraBulut is just so awesome:grin:(*hug*)