1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bump in armpit

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ppreston9, Aug 6, 2007.

1. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

i have a small bump in my armpit. it doesnt hurt or anything it just struck me as weird. I looked it up and i have concluded that it is a swollen lymph node. has anyone very experienced this?

2. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

It could be, from an infection on you arm or hand. If it is under the arm, in the middle of the pit, and is tender, it could be a lymph node. But it could also be a couple of other things. It could be a Sebaceous cyst from a blocked pore but the gland keeps producing the oils and will grow. It could also be a fatty tumor, sometimes as a result of injury. It is a benign condition and is made up of fat cells that can grow or once formed, stays the same.

Hard to tell without exam and further history concerning it.

3. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

the things i found on the internet explained that a swollen node will slowly decrease in size. the description seems to fit it. if it doesnt go away in a months time a will fo for an exam

4. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

That seems reasonable.

BTW nice Avatar, one of my most favorite groups when growing up. Still have all the albums (vinyl 33 1/3 RPM records) they every produced. Still remember doing my homework from High School with an album playing on the record player blasting away in the background. Ahhhh, for those were the good old days. Nice memory. Thanks!

5. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

lol.
    thats awesome. i love them too.