1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loosing weight

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by guacj, Oct 5, 2009.

1. guacj

I have lost about 50 pounds so far and lately even right after I eat I am getting really hungary and all I want to do is eat. This kind of caused me to fall into my old eating habits which is scary becuse i dont want to gain anything back. I have maintained my weight for a month with no additional loss. I want to loose at least another 50 pounds. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. Such as foods that will fill me up or good eating plans. Thanks in advance.

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'd suggest finding snacky (yet healthy) vegetables you like, my mate is losing weight and does that. then again, i have no experience, so feel free to disregard...

3. Gumtree

Any high cellulose food is excellent; such as carrots and corn. You could also trying drinking more water and/or try some low fat greek yoghurt.

A low fat greek yoghurt is an amazing addition to anyone dieting to lose/maintain weight.

4. Just Adam

water tea veg fruit... actually just having a mint in your mouth can hold off teh hunger. from personal experience...

5. 507bro

drink green tea, it has egcg which helps boost your metabolism
    that's if you drink it every day like i do. i'm like super skinny :slight_smile:

6. KaraBulut

Backing up a bit... how did you lose the weight- through diet, exercise or both?

7. guacj

I lost it mainly through drastically changing my diet. Also the summer job I had required a goos amount of walking so that also helped a lot. I also was drinking alot of water, which is something that I need to start doing more of. But since I have gone back to school I dont have the time to spend walking as much. I do exercise, but the hunger is what I cant deal with.

8. Jim1454

WOW! 50lbs?!? And you want to lose another 50?!? Good for you!

I've been on a program lately of exercise and restricted diet, so I can relate. I've lost 23lbs in the last 10 weeks.

If I'm hungry immediately after eating a meal I chalk it up to mind over matter. I can't really be hungry. I'll have a glass of water and leave it at that. I do however allow myself to snack. I have a protein bar mid morning and another snack of some kind in the afternoon. (soy nuts, beef jerky, unsalted pistacio nuts) Be sure to get a significant portion of your calories through protein - as it is the longest to digest so it provides your body with a more steady and even supply of energy. The opposite is refined sugar, which provides your body with the biggest spike in energy. The bigger the spike, the bigger the dip afterwards.

You'll likely have to step up the exercise again too if you're looking to lose more weight.

I would think that after losing 50lbs, you might be satisfied with just holding at the weight you're at for a while. I don't know if there's an upside to doing that or not...

Because I feel the same. I've lost 23lbs, and was hoping to lose another 5. But now that I'm at it, I'm thinking that I might as well aim at my ideal weight and try to lose 15 more instead.

Good luck!

9. guacj

I have held my current weight for about 5 weeks now and really want to loose more. I had alot to loose, and love the way this 50 lbs made me feel. I have heard that more water might help so I will try that. Thanks for the replies.

10. Roralo

Roralo Guest

In terms of you being hungry all the time, well to keep fuller long I strongly suggest small periodic meals throughout the day, a cup of apple sauce, an apple. Put a lottt of fiber such as fruits and vegetables in your diet, fuller longer. And also drink water after every two bites or something, it'll help you fill up faster. On another note, 50 lbs is extreemeeelyyy impressive. But if you are an extreme workout plan, please don't cut out carbs completely (carbs are your source of energy!) and to lose more weight would also include changing up your exercise plan every two weeks or so, so that you don't hit a plateau.

11. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

Contray to what people say don't drink water or anything else with your meals

12. Bryan

weight watchers. I swear by it. Lost 27 lbs in 7 weeks

13. RaeofLite

If you follow this you'll lose it.

->eat healthy:
    -whole grains
    -veggies (snacks or with dinner)
    -fruits (snacks)
    -protein (lean chicken, fish and if you have to, lean beef)
    -drink green tea (it helps flush the system and gives you antioxidants)
    -drink water! (get that soda/juice away from you)
    -workout 40-60 or 90 mins a day in the gym or biking/running at a fast pace (if you have an mp3 player this can help)
    -eat every 3 or 4 hours (mini meals etc)
    -don't exercise or eat 3 hours before bed (gives it time to settle and rest)
    -sleep 8 hours a night (trust me, it helps lower stress levels and calms the eating urge)

-depending on how much you weigh, if you're eating healthy calories and truely working out 5-6 days a week like listed here, I'm guessing somewhere around 1500-2000 or possibly more calories a day would help.

Good luck!
    (!)

14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone else has pretty much got it covered.

I try to keep carrot sticks or animal crackers in the house to help with those muchie cravings.

15. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i tried the weightwatchers shakes and they didnt do any good for me. i ended up having a meal too.

however last week i decided to completely cut the crap i was eating. at about 10ish i would have 2 bits of plain toast. then when i got home from wrk i had only a cheese sandwich. come the end of the week i was feelin good bout myself but i was starvin haha. id ate on the friday nite a chinese which im sure was more than my entire weeks intake. got told durin the week it wouldnt do me any good.

16. Camman3

The best formula for healthy weight loss: Exercise + Balanced Diet.

If you do not do either of these, you will only be able to lose a certain amount before you reach a sort of "equilibruim" phase.

The reason why you're getting more hungry could be because your metabloism is speed ing up. This is a good thing. The only problem is that if you aren't exercising, a healthy diet can only do you so much good.

Your "cravings" could have come about because your body is "crying out" for food because some people don't eat (starve themselves) properly because they think they'll lose weight if they don't eat (worst method of weight loss). When you starve your body of craved nutrients, then the body starts changing, making it that it will hold on to fats and carbohydrates as long as it can, slowing down the metabolism so it can retain as much energy as possible (not what you want).

Read up and educate yourself about a healthy diet and make sure you get some ecercise every day =)

17. blankpaper

Also you body dosen't realize your full until twenty minutes after you've eaten. Thats a long time to mess up the good meal you just had! So try to wait it out and chances are you won't feel the need to eat =]