1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge veins popping out of hands

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jack2009, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I been noticing my hands' veins are popping out like this

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/lifestyle/2007-01/11/xin_2301041116360591626042.jpg

Is because of circulation, aging, whatever? I'm 17, and kind of overweight, so its not because I'm skinny.... but I been losing weight and when I was at my heaviest it wasn't like this.

But if I lose more would they get bigger?

and sometimes i even feel the blood running through my hands, and they get tingly but that's only when i eat something which is around the same time they pop.

2. Just Adam

ive no idea about veins my problem is they cant find mine it takes 10 goes for a blood test my hand is still sore :frowning2: but teh tingly thing worrys more more.. i say go to a doctor about that...as it can be many things im sure kara will list all your options but best thing is to allways go to a doctor..

3. TriBi

Mine have always been fairly prominent. I would suspect that, because I have been an athlete (or, at least, I like to think so :wink:) for many years, and therefore have tended to have a fairly low level of body fat, that would likely be a factor. That said, I imagine it is also quite possible that some people are more genetically likely than others to have 'visible veins'.

Don't just listen to my relatively uninformed opinion tho'. I'm sure KB will be along shortly with qualified information. :slight_smile:

4. ArcusPuer

when I was on holidays with friends, we found that when I was in the sauna, the veins on my feet and hands were like freaky poppy like that!

but my dad always has those kinda veins so i'm thinking it's just an appearance trait. but yeah that's just my opinion.

5. Corny

Corny Guest

My veins are pretty visible and when you do sports it is normal for them to become even more visible. The nurses love me whenever they get to draw blood.
    And they just love to talk about veins. That's how I got to know that it's just like that - there are guys with more hidden and more visible veins. Sports-people tend to have more visible veins.
    Those with the more hidden veins suffer a lot when the nurses are trying to find them :wink:

6. kizza111

dw about it :slight_smile: i know some1 like that, its no big deal

7. Markio

If you raise your hand, they instantly disappear.

8. tokwa

Some people are actually turned on by that. *points at self*

9. acorn7

I have prominent hand veins as well (arms too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

It's kinda hot.

10. RaRa

^It could be hot, but not when they're bulging out that much. Then it's disgusting. >_<

11. KaraBulut

Visible veins are the product of two factors - venous capacity and low subcutaneous fat.

In other words, if you're an athlete the increased blood flow to your muscles also results in increased blood flow from your muscles- which increases the size of your veins (which drain the blood from your muscles).

Thin people and athletes also have a lower amount of fat between their skin and muscles. This makes even normal-sized veins easier to see.

It is all normal. The only time it becomes a problem is in the case of varicosities which are dilated enlarged veins. They can cause pain in the legs. And in men, they can also affect the testes and scrotum which can result in lower sperm counts.

Below is a picture of varicosities ("varicose veins") in the legs.

[​IMG]

#11 KaraBulut, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  12. Corny

Corny Guest

^ I assume you mean those "lumps" in the veins? Has this something to do with those "variocosels" (or so ..) that some guys have at the scrotum? (Similar name, same cause I guess?)

13. Emile

Emile Guest

I actually find those sexy, haha!

14. KaraBulut

A varicocele is a varicosity in the scrotum or surrounding the testes.

The lumpy, gnarly veins in the legs picture are varicose veins.

Contrast this with a normal veins in a person who has dieted off too much body fat while simultaneously overtraining muscles- the veins are visible but don't have the knotty, twisted appearance of varicose veins:

[​IMG]