1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depression and thyroid

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MLCarr, Oct 7, 2009.

1. MLCarr

So just a heads up to everyone, if you're taking an antidepressant DO NOT take anything for hypothyroid.

I have been having panic attacks (totally abnormal) and thoughts of suicide since I started the thyroid medication. What ended up happening? Nothing, cause I can control myself, but really I think I went insane for about 2 months...

Yep, just wanted to throw that one out there.

BTW, I was taking Zoloft and Synthroid for anyone who is curious exactly what I was taking.

2. Jim1454

Yikes! I'm glad you figured that out. Thanks for the 'heads up'.

3. Camman3

Everyone reacts differently to medication. Perhaps your body had an adverse reaction? Did you check it with your doctor? Perhaps your dosage specifications was incorrect?

Hypo- and Hyperthyroidism are both problems that need to be sorted out.

If the problem lies within the thryoid, take thyroid medication.'
    If the problem lies within depression, the medication shouldn't be targeting the thyroid:eek:. That's really scary that they'd do that to you...

You should check up on the whole ordeal even though you're "through with it" now already - they may do the wrong thing again to other people!