1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Destroyed my back

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Swamp56, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Earlier this week, while sleeping, I had a dream that I had back damage and went to the hospital and in the dream my back was hurting. When I woke up, the same pain I felt in my dream happened in reality.

I had some trouble walking for 2-3 days and I was in a lot of pain.

Last night, I woke up and the same thing had happened, except worse. I'm having difficulty walking again, and this time I can't even come close to bending over or else sharp pain starts in my lower back. Anyone have any remedies to help this? I hate having to limp to be able to ease the pain while walking.

What concerns me is that problems like this run in the family, and my dad has 2 herniated disks in his lower back.

2. KaraBulut

Given your age and the severity of the pain, you should see your doctor. They will probably need to do xrays or a CT to determine if you have a back injury.

If the problem is sciatic or sacroiliac pain, you may benefit from working with a chiropractor. Once you've healed, you might consider doing yoga to strengthen the muscles in your legs and abdomen so that you won't continue to strain your back.

But first step is to see your doctor to determine what is causing your pain.

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I went to health services, and the nurse practitioner as well as a physical therapist deemed the source of pain to be from putting too much pressure on the sciatic nerve.

I now have to go to physical therapy to try and alleviate the pain. The nurse practitioner was going to give me flexeril and some other medicine to help with everything, but she didn't because apparently it interacts with my normal medications (Quetiapine, Budeprion SR, Topiramate, Lexapro); one of the cautions was serotonin syndrome.

4. KaraBulut

You might consider skipping on the Flexeril and doing accupuncture instead. You'll get more relief and you won't have to worry about medication interactions or stomach upset.

PT and yoga will also be beneficial.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although people put a lot of criticism on natural medicine like acupuncture, it often does more good than regular medicine does. So I would listen to Kara and actually try out acupuncture, it could work wonders :slight_smile: I hope your back feels better!