1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P90x

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pianomike, Oct 17, 2009.

1. pianomike

I've been using the P90X program to whip my self into shape the last few week and am having fun doing it. it's really hard to get started though.
    Is anyone else doing p90x out there?:icon_bigg

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

the whut whut??

3. mattypants

:lol:

i was gonna say, spam... but youre serious huh :lol:

the informationals for that always make me laugh

4. pianomike

Well it works!!!

5. AgentS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It does work? I am so skeptical about workout routines I see on TV. I seriously need to start working out LOL. How long have you been using it? What level of results have you seen (ex. a little, a lot, a ton, you never thought you'd look this good?--what are we talkin' here)?

6. pianomike

Well it is hard work, it takes an hour 6 days a week and i've lost 14 lbs and my abs are way more defined and my chest is much broader.
    But i like it alot.

7. AgentS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, that's awesome! How much did it cost? What kind of equipment does it require you to get?

8. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i have done some thing similia at school but not to that extreme

9. pianomike

I bought the DVD's on eBay for $25 and you only need a chin up bar, now if you want you can get the bands that go on your shoes but i don't use those.

10. impossibleornot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    im doing it, i took a bit of a break when school started back up. It works crazy well, i lost 30lbs in about 1.5months and gained alot more definition. It's really hard to get started if u dont have some base level of fitness. and as pianomike said its a decent time commitment.
    I paid 180 for the dvd's and the bar ( its a bar that goes over a door frame) at some "as seen on TV" store, and then you use dumbells for a few dvds.

11. Zero Beat

^^ Im glad to hear it works for you. My step dad tried it, but gave up cause he got lazy with it. Maybe I should try it >.<

12. KaraBulut

It works but it's a tough workout-in a good way though.

13. CrimsonThunder

Of course it works, BUT when people say it doesn't work it means they're doing it wrong. To get real results you need to diet as well. (oh yes, that dirty word) by diet I mean eat healthily and correctly, no over eating or eating too much fat, sugar, salt etc.

I did the original Power 90, the results are great, I'm going to get around to doing P90x eventually, it's been a while but I'm sure the program does the whole switch thing where you dont do the same excersize every day so your body doesnt get used to it? thats a real good way to bulk up.

Good luck, make sure you have a goal and keep reminding yourself about it so you reach it!

14. Jim1454

I've been doing it. I'm almost done the 90 days (One week to go!). I haven't been completely religious about it, but I've been pretty good. As of this morning, I've lost 27lbs!!! I'm down two complete waist sizes and I feel better than I've ever felt before.

So yes - it's a lot of work, but it really does work.

Thankfully my boyfriend had purchased the stuff, and he helped me get started. Lately he hasn't been working out with me, but that's OK. It was the first month that I needed his help / motivation to do the program. (And to prepare most of my meals, because I'm so useless in that regard.)

And to another point above, you don't really have to have much physical fitness to do the program, but you also can't expect to do all the exercises or nearly as many reps as the people do on the videos. But if you don't start, how will you ever get there?

You're closer than you think. :icon_wink

15. CrimsonThunder

Sorry Jim but I gotta disagree with you there, even the guy that made P90x (sorry forgot his name) said you need to be fit to do P90x, he suggests that you do the original Power 90 before you start P90x. (probably him just trying to get more money lol...)

But then again you said you don't need to do as many reps as the people on screen, if you arent going to do it 1:1 then you wont really need to do the original first. When I do it, depending on the exersice, I like to do it a bit longer/quicker than the person on the screen.

And you DONT have to do it religiously, you're fine Jim without doing it every time you're supposed too, if you treat it like a chore you will not want to do it! The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy it and you will get better results. But having said that, its not just a weekend thing, you gotta do it often to get the results.

Well done on nearly completing it, you must be so proud. And I bet you're bodys thanking you for it, what improvements have you noticed?

#15 CrimsonThunder, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  16. Darkwing65

Good Job! It will definitely get you into shape. I've done it. Its a really intense workout, and this is coming from a work nazi( or so I'm told). It wasn't for me though, to crazy lol. Plus i didn't have the time to stick with it. I didn't like the yoga, it wasn't how i learned yoga should be. Ab ripper x, however, i still use as my ab work out. Keep it up!

Oh, and Tony is such a dork. lol

17. KaraBulut

You had mentioned a while back that you were working out but you hadn't told us that you lost 27 pounds. That's awesome.

Congrats! (*hug*)

18. Jim1454

Thanks! It really is amazing. I'm getting all kinds of compliments. That feels great.

Having someone to do it with was really key for me (and I think for most people). If I had needed to slug it out alone that first month I'm sure I would have quit.

And in terms of needing to be fit to start with - I suppose it's true. I wasn't grossly obese and had been doing some running and swimming before starting the program. But I seriously couldn't do much of the 'ab ripper X' routine AT ALL when I started. I seriously couldn't do even one rep for some of the exercises. Now I can do 20 of each! (The people on the video do 25 of each.) So I've seen a TON of progress even if I still don't look anything like the guys in the videos.

My goal is to take a break for a month or so and do the program again - and see if I can lose another 10lbs or so. That would put me at 185lbs. I'm 5'11, and I think that would be a really nice weight for me. Hopefully I'd be down to a size 34.

19. Jerr

I have it but haven't started it YET. I've looked through a few of the DVDs.

My favorite part is the Yoga! I'm huge into yoga. Sadly I don't get to do it other then on campus but I've taken it for 5 semesters. haha.

Cardiovascular is good and so is building muscle (if you want to build) or lean... but don't forget about stretching! The Stretch dvd, I haven't looked at yet. But the Yoga is def a fav of mine. It is a hard work out. I'm glad someone finally put it in as part of the program.

20. starfish

I am planning to start it in the next few weeks.

I have been working with a personal trainer for the past 8 months, and my contract is up in the next couple of weeks. I've decided not to renew as it is very expensive and I can't really afford to keep spending the money.