1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swine flu question! Possible relapse?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Cheese Love, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Cheese Love

Okay so for about two weeks I was sick with what I believe to be the swine flu. Upset stomach, fever, aches, chills, chronic coughing, runny nose, etc.

I doubt there's anything else it could have been it could have been, especially since it's going around my campus like wildfire.

WELL... Yesterday I woke up feeling terrible- coughing, runny nose, sneezing, body aches and sharp pains, major lethargy, and then got this sudden fever. Around 3 am I woke up drenched in sweat. My forehead and back had sweat all over... Aka that's when the fever broke.

I've heard that swine relapses can be really dangerous. Anyway... since I'm past the fever do you think I'm good? If not I can talk to campus health services about it.

2. Rosina

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've not heard of Swine Relapses yet, but I'm guessing whatever it is, you'd have most likely caught something else that's going around because your immune system's pretty drained at the moment. If you're encouraged to go to your health service, I would, so they can check you over and see what you've got now and to rule out any major problems. :slight_smile:

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had the same thing a few weeks ago. I still have a slight cough, but I feel fine now. If you don't feel at least a little better in a few days then go to the doctor.

We've survived mad cow, bird flu, and every other animal disease they've thought up so far, I think we'll be good on the swine flu.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get checked out.

5. KaraBulut

One of the unusual things about H1N1 is that there are quite a few minors who have the flu get better and then get a secondary bacterial infection. So, if you are sure that you had the flu and recovered but you're now running a fever again, you should call your doctor to determine if maybe you've picked up a secondary infection.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Go and get checked, the thing I find is that the flue and swine flue are very similar in symptoms. So it's best to check to know if you've got regular flue or H1N1