1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just curious.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fargo, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Well lately I've been getting this weird sensation on the right side of my back below my rib cage. It is kind of a tingling or tickling or evening a strange numb or empty sensation. It feels almost like it's on the inside of me and not the outside. But even if it is on the outside, I see no rash or anything to constitute the feelings.

2. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    why don't you see a doctor...it sounds like someone with experties can answer that and yet examine...I hope you feel better soon.

3. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Thanks =) I'll keep that in mind haha... D=

4. KaraBulut

Does it feel like numbness, tingling... or is it crampy and painful? Does it hurt constantly or just some of the time?

5. Fargo

Fargo Guest

It is usually a numbness feeling or tingling. But last night it felt like a sharp stabbing pain for a little bit longer than the odd sharp stab in that area every once in awhile.

6. Camman3

That area holds the kidneys. What has your urine looked like lately? Has there been discolouration or an unusual discharge?

Maybe you stretched your obliques? Have you done any strange movements at 90 degrees to your body lately? It happens with me when I throw Javelin, for example - like a sudden twist? I think you can strain that area quite easily because your body isn't used to that movement.

7. Fargo

Fargo Guest

Changes from a dark orange to almost a clear color.

8. coreyjazz23

I'd say go the doctor, but it more than likely is either strain or a kidney problem.

9. RainInAfrica

Could be a rumbling appendix :/

10. Camman3

That means that there is a lot of water in your urine and it is very diluted - have you had a lot to drink lately (regardless of the colour of the drink)?

11. KaraBulut

The area is called the "costovertebral" area- it is the junction of the ribs (costo-) and the spine (vertebral).

There are usually two causes of pain in the right costovertebral area- kidney pain (often from kidney stones) or muscle strain (commonly called a "pulled muscle").

The numbness and tingling is unusual- most people describe the typical pain as deep and cramping. Because the symptoms you're describing are not the usual pain and because it seems to be happening repeatedly, you should see your family doctor for further testing.

12. Fargo

Fargo Guest

I don't mean to flaunt this around but since my doctor has heard it and didn't care...Would it even matter? I had attempted overdoses with acetaminophen and aspirin before :s

13. KaraBulut

Aspirin can damage the kidneys. Acetaminophen (paracetamol) can damage the liver.

So, yes... I would recommend seeing your doctor to evaluate your pain and run some tests.