1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dizzy spells?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Katherine, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I'll start out feeling fine. Then suddenly I start to feel really weak (my knees get wobbly) and shaky, and the room starts spinning. I start sweating and it feels like the room is suddenly way hotter than it was just moments ago. My heart rate increases, my breathing gets way faster, and I get really nauseous. And my brain goes into crazy panic mode, becoming completely, irrationally terrified of either a) passing out or b) throwing up.

All of this usually passes within 15 minutes or so, after I (slowly) drink a glass of cold water and move somewhere cooler to lie down. But lately it's been happening kind of often, and it's become really inconvenient (and unpleasant) to deal with.

I don't know what causes this to happen. At first I thought it was just dehydration or overheating, but that's definitely not the only cause--sometimes I'll actually be drinking a beverage in a comfortably cool area when it decides to happen. I've noticed that it tends to happen more if I'm particularly stressed or nervous about something (panic attacks?). And I've definitely noticed that the more I TRY to calm down or stop it when it does happen, the worse it usually gets.

Anyone have any idea of what could be causing this and what I can do to help control it?

#1 Katherine, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. Brad

Well i would highly suggest going to see your doctor. To me it sounds like it may be a lack of iron which is causing you to almost faint. Do you eat much red meat? Though i have no idea what i am talking about so may be completely wrong.

3. Ben

Ben

I'm similar. I feel very faint very easily.
    It can be down to not eating, sleeping or drinking enough and it could be low blood pressure, or as you said it could be emotionally triggered.
    It could be for a ton of reasons, so maybe it would be best to see a doctor and get your bloods tested. Maybe you could write down somewhere what had happened when you felt dizzy or faint. How you felt, when was the last time you ate or had a drink, if you were in a hot place or a cold place etc. Then you might spot patterns emerging.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    low potassium can cause the shakes.

Do you eat regularly, low blood sugar will make you dizzy.

5. overlucid

It sounds like a panic attack but your symptoms could have a physical origin too. Better check with your doctor.

6. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I actually went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago. They checked my blood--making sure I didn't have blood sugar issues or vitamin deficiencies--and it was fine. So I don't think that's the cause. And other than occasional dehydration, my eating and sleeping habits are pretty good.

7. Dare2bProud

I get like that when I have high anxiety or lots on my mind. I'll wake up and just feel dizzy.

8. guacj

how is your stress level...it sounds like vertigo