1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by iwanttobelieve, Nov 15, 2009.

1. iwanttobelieve

well, silly me i thought maybe something in my life worth living would arise and it did, in the form of a trip to my fav city but i gave that up to spend 10 days in a mental hospital.
    I have suffered from depression for years, and i take meds for that and my anxiety disorder, im unloved, my family abused me, and all my friend shave taken there space from me ever since I made my first suicide atempt. I tried to take all my sleeping pills but my friend stoped me by kicking me in the face. i cut myself, its dulling and distracting. So i've been to the hospital once by ambulance 8 by emerg and i spent 10 days in a youth mental hospital. I have a councelor, i do the counceling, and i just cant find a reason to live anymore. im so very tired, of fighting in family law, not sleeping, always being miserable etc. I feel internally dead. If i dont get acepted into uni in sep. I'm going to kill myself, o well, i guess that can be something to look forward 2. so with no future and
    i guess i waitout my miserable days alone. sorry for the post, just wanted to see if any one else is in the same dhilema...:bang:

2. Beachboi92

:frowning2: i know it must be hard for you right now i myself suffered from depression and had it not been for some serious hard work would probably not be here today. Remember this "suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" things get better its just a matter of changing your attitude and believing things will work out for the best. Think of it this way. As long as you try your hardest things will turn out as best they can, not saying that that is always going to be super awesome amazing happy ending, but you can take pride knowing you tried your hardest and a positive attitude works wonders. Big thing is just getting social, maybe get a job. Work to better yourself and improve your situation and screw the rest of it. Even if it feels like people don't love you you need to realize there are people out there like me who don't even need to meet you to feel for you and love you and want the best for you. *hug* if you need to talk about anything message me anytime :slight_smile:

3. biisme

Please don't harm yourself. I'm really sorry for the horrible things that have happened in your life. But, if you kill yourself you will never get to experience the good things that will happen. And, you must have friends that care about you. You said one pf your friends stopped you from taking pills. It sounds like they did it in a non-conventional way, but they did it because they care about you, and would hate to see you gone.

You said you wanted to get accepted into uni. What do you want to study?

You said you posted because you wanted to see if people are in the same dilemna. I know there are several people on EC who felt how you feel right now, like there was no way out except death. However, by sticking around you can talk to some of them and see how they're doing now. You can see that there's hope for the future, even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

You said you are unloved. That's not true. This may be the first time I am ever talking to you. It doesn't matter. I care what you choose to do with your life. I wish I could convey with words how much I empathize with you and how much I really want you to live, and grow, achieve a better life than what you have now.

Please don't hurt yourself. You can talk to us. EC is here for you. The advisors are here for you. I am here for you. Please, PM me anytime. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, (*hug*)

I'm sorry to hear about all the things that have happened to you. But you are never unloved. Suicide or harming yourself is not the answer, and it never will be. I'm glad you made the tread because it means that there is something in you that wants to keep living and is reaching out for help. You have done the hard part. You have started to reach out even more.

There is always someone who will love you and will be always be there for you. The friend who stopped you from taking all of your sleeping pills, is someone that cares.

Sometimes, life seems to throw as obstacles one after the other. But know that you will get through it. Please continue seeing the counselor. If you feel that you want a second opinion or thoughts on what could help you, by all means search for another counselor or ask for a referral.

University if something to look forward to. Try your best to get accepted. You know what you need to do or need to continue doing to achieve that goal. Work on it! Try your best, and I am sure you will be successful.

You do have a future. Don't give up on the things that you believe in and want to achieve in your life. You still have your entire life ahead of you. Keep seeking help. That will help you to achieve your goals. It will help you to see that yes, you do have a future. (*hug*)

5. metkigro

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have to same problem, but I'm trying to stick it out. Sometimes I give into temptaion every once in a while and cut myself. Life has good and bads you have to try to look on the bright side of things. Thats what I do. I have a horrible life, but I always try to be positive. I know this may be cheezy and you may think "why the hell is this guy talking to me?". but trust me. I tried to kill myself too, all I have is a stupid scar running down my wrist, that everybody insists on asking about, and it's very embarrasing. But there will be no point in killing yourself. Trust me just "fake it till you feel it" try being happy.
    Things will get better.

Sincerly, Tommy

6. Jim1454

Hi. I'm really sorry that you're feeling so crappy right now. I've been there too. I've been so low that I didn't the the point in carrying on either. But I did. Thankfully I called my therapist on that January morning instead of continuing to think those suicidal thoughts. I'm glad you also have a therapist that you can talk to.

And things got better. Not right away, but pretty quickly. 6 months later I met the guy who would become my boyfriend - and we're still together today. And each and every day I feel better and better about who I am and what I'm doing.

I'm also near Toronto. So I'm going to send you a private message, and hopefully we can talk one on one here, and maybe in person some time. I'm willing to help you get through this if you'll let me.

7. HackmanWIU

I think that the responses here are more than enough of a validation that you are important and you mean something to others. Don't hesitate to talk for whatever.

8. iwanttobelieve

i want to study Political Science and Sociology

9. iwanttobelieve

the only problem being that (as nice as everyone has been(&&&)) they dont know me, my own family hates me and isolate themselves from me, and im ugky so i dont even have the chance tto have a bf, sory about the rant, i think i'll just go back to cutting myself like the "emo" faggot i am...

10. Jim1454

Hey... I've offered in this thread and in a PM to get to know you. (Let's be clear - not to wind up your boyfriend, because I'm old enough to be your father, and I'm spoken for already. But perhaps to be a friend and provide you with some suopport.)

Cutting yourself isn't the answer. It never is.

Buying into the whole idea that you should just behave "like the emo faggot that I am" thing is a cop out too.

Nobody dictates how you behave or react to things. You determine that. Perhaps you've become so worn down over the years that you've forgotten that you can make these kinds of decisions for yourself. And maybe you've been called a faggot so many times that you've come to believe that that's what you are.

What's the antidote for that? Well - hanging out in EC is like 'detox' for the person suffering from homophobia in their environment. So do that. Hang out here. And when someone reaches out and tries to be supportive and friendly, you might want to try acknowledging them. Let them in. See what happens. (In other words, respond to my PM.)

You found EC presumably because you need it. So take advantage of it. Make the best of it. And in the process, feel better about yourself.

11. Silvermark

Yeah; depression really hits you hard... Though admittedly, the good stuff does come -after- the depression.
    I've been depressed for like that last year of my life, **** all to look forward to apart from college and work and more crap. Then along comes a girl today who turns my day around; she's pretty, she's funny and we have so much in common.

I'm not saying its going to happen straight away, and there have been times where I've almost lost hope myself. (I was almost tempted to cut myself over the weekend... Luckily I prevented that)
    Just keep going. Even if you have to live a lie for a little longer, keep going. There is -always- something worth living for. You just have to find it.

12. pteen

I go through that maybe about 2-3 times a day, but at least it goes away for a short period of time. What everybody over here said is very true and, I'll try to make this differ as much as I can, if that's possible.

First of all, I'm pretty sure there are people in this world who don't hate you. I don't know the situation with your parents and you but, sometimes people just think there parents don't want to be around them. But I could be wrong. I know I don't know you now, and I may never get to know you. I'm open to being friends with anybody , even if you look like the ugly duckling--which I'm sure you don't look like. But Anyway, how well I know you at this point is up to you. Like I said I'm open to anyone.

Cutting yourself, I once again agree with everyone else, it aint gonna help anything. I'm pretty sure there are other ways to get rid of anger, pressure, stress, etc. You could play a sport or take up some kind of other hobby. If there's anything I could help with just PM me, or add me--either one's fine with me.

I pretty sure you've seen this a lot but it's the only way to hug you so...(*hug*)
    I'm pretty sure this's from all of us...(&&&)

13. Just Adam

im having it right now.... ha the thoughts of death just make me laugh now ...i should care if im alive

14. HackmanWIU

You're right I don't know you. However, like Jim and others on here, we would like to know you and maybe be someone to talk to when you are feeling this way. Don't call yourself ugly either because I think that in turn is something of your current depressive state, I'm 21 yet to have a boyfriend myself, not cause I'm ugly, its because I was like you (depressed) and closeted myself for so long (not necessarily like you). Don't be afraid to talk.

15. iwanttobelieve

well, im still here... i decided to goto some counseling in the gay part of Toronto, hard to get to but it might be worth it... Thanks for the support everyone, i just havent still found a reason to live, its hard. Like most typical depression cases, i've lost interest in things i used to find entertaining, and hope. I'll still kill myself if i dont get to go to uni, im not crying out for help, im comfortable with this decision. things have sstoped working with my councellor of like 5 moths, shes sick of my bitching. the guy coucelor is gay, mid thirites and nice, i hope it works. im just really lonely i guess and i hate being gay. I love men, but hate myself for it... I still dont really have a reson to live, i guess on top of the depression im having an "exsestential crisis" (watch I <3 huckabees if u dont know what that is). im tired and exsausted of fighting, i just want an end to the pain, i almost slit my wrists last night, and i took 7.5 miligrams of ativan (14X what im suposed to) just so i could sleep through the depression. sorry for the rant, i just have no one to talk to about my issues anymore. becoming numb to everything is okay, but it makes me flirt with suicde alot more and im becoming less afraid of death, part of me dosent want to get inot uni, that way i can end the pain and finally be happy :slight_smile:

16. katie

Hey,
    I'm really sorry you're feeling this way, I know what you mean when you say you cant find a reason to live. I'm not gonna presume to know anything about your family life, but i know that there are people around you who do care for you, and they would be devastated to loose you. I know it doesn't feel like it at the moment, I really do. I tried suicide about 6 months ago, and the amount of help I got from my friends really made me realise that even if they don't show it so much, they really do care for you.
    Maybe counselling isn't your thing? It works for some people, but not for others, it didnt for my gf. Ask your doctor for some more help, something more effective. The only way really that you can feel better is by pushing for as much help as you possibly can, and being open to that help. I know its easier said than done...I've been advised to go to my doc and ask for more help, but I can't seem to get the energy/courage up.
    Please keep going, life is worth living, even if its just for the tiny moments, where you feel truely happy. They are there, and they do exist, I promise you.
    If you want someone to talk to, feel free to PM me, I pretty much live on ec, so I'm always around.
    Please just remember that there are people who care about you, even if it doesn't feel like it. And you are worth it.
    Much much love
    x

17. JakeBHT

I have thought this.

18. nomoresickness

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've been depressed before, and have considered suicide in the past. I survived though, and as many of the people above me have said...this too shall pass! Life isn't pretty, and I don't know you...but you also don't know me. You many not know any of these people, but you should give them a chance...you never know how a person can impact your life...ESPECIALLY when you really need support.

I consider my life a roller coaster...I have some awesome highs and some pretty scary twists, but I know that after every twist comes a high. Hang in there, life is better living :slight_smile:

19. Aoifeee

I have gone through and still am going through a multitude of similar problems, so ifeel like I can relate. You've got to rememeber that if life truly wasn't worth living then nobody would be alive. Your life has meaning and purpose to it and you're still so young! You have the entire world in your hands! I urge you to seek out a good psychologist ( if you havn't already) and deal with your depression. Some things in life really make you feel like it's the end of the world, but it's not, I assure you, and things always get better. I hope you're feeling better now than when you posted two weeks ago :slight_smile:

20. Aoifeee

Your old counselor sounds very unprofessional...I do hope your new one works out well, never ever give up the fight, you are stronger than the illness, you have the power to defeat it, it only has the power to defeat you if you let it :slight_smile: