1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by RaeofLite, Nov 22, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

Facial hair that is.

I'm totally biologically female. I eat pretty healthy, execise 3-5 times a week and for some reason I have bits of dark hair on my lip and along my cheekbones. I don't remember having it years ago so.. what's going on?? I'm scared to wax because then I'l start growing a 'stache and serious side burns yet it still bothers me.

Is it hormones or? If anyone has info in this area or knows what I'm going through post a reply please.

2. Absentminded

I get it too, so you're not alone. So does my mum. The only thing you can really do is to pluck it, as annoying as it is...

3. fallendream

try dyeing it to match your skin tone.

4. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I know a girl who gets hers bleached you could try that.

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there's also laser treatment but i don't know of the specifics involved so i couldn't tell you if it's a good idea or not

6. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I pluck mine, ouch :frowning2:
    my gf had hers removed by electrolysis, it works...I am still thinking about mine, plucking can be painful...

7. Gumtree

Laser treatment is very effective for small area's like lips, but it can sometimes take a few goes if you have dark skin. It's also rather expensive.

If I was in your situation, and couldn't afford laser treatment, I would wax.

I haven't got the patience for plucking but they do both achieve pretty much the same thing (except waxing might even HELP if you have any acne problems around that area).

Waxing and plucking DO NOT stimulate hair to grow fater, thicker, more or darker, it actually does the opposite. After long term waxing, you will find it hurts a lot loss and lasts longer, and often the regrown is staggered.