1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Z3ni, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

How do some of you cope with stress?? [ I think theres a stress thread but can't find it ]

I've been reading about stress, I discovered it can cause major premature aging, wrinkles, acnes and what not.. and I don't want that !! D: lol

I get stressed so easy over tiny simple things..

I find it hard to relax when I'm in stressful situations.. but I think one major thing that can help me is moving out, but I'm still working on that so , I need alternatives.

Thankyou in advance :slight_smile:(!) <===== 1st time using that :eek:

2. littledinosaurs

I listen to music!
    or draw!
    or dream!
    or watch tv.
    You honestly need to find a passion that calms you when you do it and makes you feel better.

3. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hmm how would you cope with stress at work?

4. littledinosaurs

Like you are stressed during work and you need a way to de-stress there?

You could try reverse breathing: Pull you stomach in when you breath in and push it out when you breath out. It helps relax you.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I don't know breathing doesn't seem to help lol

6. Idunnohereitis

write. hmm. video games.Pastells and a pretty chill guitar

AND TAKE a super long shower!!!!!

7. mydogstewie

I draw. It really helps me concentrate and gets me in my own little world. I recommend it.

8. RaeofLite

Things I do:
    -workout (hit the gym or if it's warm out take a bikeride/run around) Endorphins are amazing
    -write in a journal or work on one of my novels
    -draw
    -call up or text a friend
    -go on facebook/chat and MSN to feel less lonely
    -drop in at a friends house
    -listen to music and dance
    -listen to soothing ambient music

9. adam88

1. Music
    2. Really nice pair of headphones
    3. Dark room

This is my recipe for relaxation.

10. ArcaneVerse

simple...jerk off...

a long hot shower is also a good idea.

11. Gumtree

Phew what a question, I suppose the "One man's trash is another man's treasure" saying is application here.

What could be a de-stress method for one person might be stressful for someone else.

I suppose the answer to your question is do something that leaves you feeling more content, in control or calm afterwards.

Distractions are pretty useless. If something just distracts you, you will just get stressed again when you have to return to your job.

For me, drawing and doing creative things certainly don't calm me, but that's because I suck at all arts. Although I 'VERY' rarely get stressed, my method of de-stressing is to organise stuff. I find if I believe I'm in control and know what's coming, then there's nothing to stress about.

12. Etorem

Etorem Guest

Coping with stress? Who has time for that anymore?

I kid, I kid... Mostly.
    When I've got some spare time, I de-stress by doodling little pictures, listening to calm music or getting into a favourite book. Sometimes just lying down and closing my eyes for a few minutes can help.

You might want to try some other breathing exercises, if some you've tried haven't worked. Deep breaths (in through the nose and out through the mouth) can be relaxing. Another idea is to breathe normally, but focus on the rhythm of your breathing and nothing else. It can help to clear the mind.

Personally, I would love to try yoga and meditation, but it has yet to happen.

13. BasketCase

I imagine headbutting my supervisor and sending her to the floor. Would never actually do it of course but it makes me laugh inside.

14. Jim1454

You figure out why you're stressed, and you deal with it.

Do you feel rushed? Remember that you are one person, and that you can only do one thing at a time. If you work retail, and a long line has formed, it's not likely going to go any faster if you're stressed and cranky. Instead, just take a deep breath, smile at the customer you're helping, and smile at the next few customers and apologise for the wait. That will make you AND them feel better.

If you work in an office or something, perhaps you're not comfortable or clear on what you are accountable for. Maybe you need to schedule some time with your boss to make sure that you are both in agreement on what you're supposed to be delivering. There's nothing worse than working on something and wondering the whole time if you're actually even doing it right. Ask for feedback or clarification after you've started.

Another thing that helps me is to remind myself that I was hired and given this job for a reason. Because I could do it. Because I was the most qualified person for this job. And based on that, any decision I make is likely going to be the best one that I or anyone else could make. So I make the decision and move on. If I'm really not sure, I circle back with my boss and ask her opinion.

Maybe this isn't what's troubling you. You'll have to provide more information if this doesn't fit.