1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numbness

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Kimi, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Kimi

I have numbness around my left big toe. I noticed it about 3 days ago and I thought it's just a numbness so I didn't worry about it at all but it's been 3 days and I'm beginning to wonder if this is some kind of first sign of serious illness or something.

And is there any way to get rid of the numbness? Because it bothers me a lot.

Thank you.

2. CrimsonThunder

Damn thats along time to be numb. It could be caused from many things Kimi, you could have injured a nerve in your toe or have a lack of vitamin B12 (or other vitamins). And you could have abnormal levels of calcium, potassium or sodium in your body.

3. Kimi

Hmm...I did walk a lot the day before it started so maybe I injured a nerve in my toe...because I don't know if I'm lack of any kind of vitamins:eusa_doh:

Hmmmm...Should I go to see a doctor?

4. CrimsonThunder

Yep.

... I'm a doctor. :wink:

5. Kimi

.......:dry:

Nice try though:lol:

6. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Sounds like a bit of trauma to the toe, thus a bit of swelling, compression of the nerve to the skin. Will sometimes happen if you have not walked long distances or a lot over a period of time. I would not be overly worried about it, most often it is a dermatone nerve and it will come back. Check your foot gear and make sure they are not too tight or that you have pressure against the toe. May take a couple of weeks for things to settle down again and sometimes when the nerve reactivates you can experience shots of sharp pain for a few moments.

7. CrimsonThunder

Awww... Come on. As if that wasn't the best pick up line. :frowning2:

8. Kimi

So maybe I walked bit too much:rolleyes: Glad to hear that nerve can grow back!! I thought I won't feel anything anymore there:lol: I only wear flip flop during summer but on that day I walked a lot I was wearing running shoes...But anyways, I'll keep it in my mind.
    Thank you so much, doctor!!
    Oh...men...now I'm scare to death that I might feel sharp pain in couple of weeks:icon_eek:

Aww...you know I would love to see you anytime(*hug*)

9. Jerr

I have a numb head lol Where I had my surgery is completely like... I can't feel it lol. I know something is touching me but that is pretty much it. lol

I'm just good like that.