1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Work off my shomach in 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by rocking23, Nov 24, 2009.

1. rocking23

k so, heres the jist.
    im going to mexico on the 20th of December, and my stomach isnt as flat as i want it to be. im not looking for abs or toned or defined just flat(er)

What do you recommend to cut my gut?

2. s5m1

Eat fewer calories and do cardio. To lose weight, you need to take in fewer calories than you burn. Less food, combined with cardio to burn calories, will cause you to lose weight. That means no soda, cake, cookies, chips, or other high calorie foods that lack nutritional value. Eat lean meats, fish and vegetables. And, drink lots of water. Good luck!

3. paco

paco Guest

and stay away from soda, and processed carbs like store bought pasta.

and certain ab exercises won't hurt either. muscle burns fat, and 15 correct situps is more effective than 50 bad form situps.

4. wherewulfe

quick question, what about diet pepsi?

5. paco

paco Guest

hahaha. i'm pretty sure diet soda isn't much healthier than regular soda.

6. Stuie

It has less calories but more mysterious chemicals that we're not entirely sure what they do in the body in combination with all the other chemicals there. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: In short, drink water. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. KaraBulut

Drink water. Eat smaller meals consisting of lean meat and green vegetables. Cut out breads, sweets, sodas and fast foods.

8. shorty

I'm trying to lose the stomach too atm, please don't tell me I have to give up beer!

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have to give up beer. Or workout extra extra hard, and cut corners on your diet elsewhere. :slight_smile:

>>>quick question, what about diet pepsi?

I've kept drinking Diet Pepsi on my current diet (along with water), and it's hasn't seemed to hamper me any.

Lex

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Do crunches

11. jroakwood

i've been doing biggest loser: weight loss yoga (its a workout dvd), and its probably one of the hardest workouts i've ever done. i would suggest it. plus, bob the trainer is incredible eye candy. :slight_smile:

12. Jim1454

All good suggestions, but don't count on noticable differences over 3 weeks. If don't have much to lose, you're not likely going to lose more than a pound or 2 per week.

I've been doing 'P90X' and have lost 30lbs. The biggest change in the diet was almost no carbs (bread, pasta, etc.) and when you do eat some, it needs to be whole wheat. Lots of veggies but not much fruit. (It is also high in energy.)

I continue to drink caffeine free diet coke, just because I like the taste. But I only have a couple a week. Otherwise I drink water.

P90X also has you working out 6 days a week. 3 doing resistance training with weights, pull ups, push ups, and ab / core exercises. The other 3 days it's cardio.

I've gone from a size 40 waist to a 36. It feels great. But I'm assuming that you still likely have a flatter stomach than I do. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Camman3

Make sure that you are still eating 5-7 times a day (smaller portions than usual 3-big meals a day) to keep your metabolism up.

Drinking water is obviously the best way to go about fluid-intake for the next 3 weeks. The less "flab" you have to lose, the slower it will disappear, so be patient. Uh... prepare yourself mentally. Try and find a picture online of something similiar to what you want in 3 weeks time and put it up in your room, so you see it every night and morning. When you see it, focus on it and remember why you're doing this.

Make sure your calorie intake is less than the amount of energy you use every day. Here is a VERY useful website for calculating your energy consumption: http://firstyear.chem.usyd.edu.au/calculators/food_energy.shtml. Be sure to work out your BMR for each day and add that to your energy usage daily. If you want to be really strict with this, you can keep a mini-nutrition diary, where you record KJ intake and KJ output, and make sure your KJ in < KJ out.

Ab exercise will help to burn fat as well - and if you drink water it will happen even faster.

Water has been known to burn fat, suppress cravings (naturally) and help muscles to contract.

So there's my 50 cents =) Good luck :wink:

14. Gumtree

The Do:
    -Drink heaps of water
    -As others have mentioned, high intensity cardio workouts are beneificial; for the fastest results i reconmend doing a yoga or dance workout, like the P90X mentioned previously, they give pretty quick results when you first start using them.
    -Do your work-out in the morning, not in the afternoon or night, 5.30-6.30am is the most beneficial time to work out, but make sure you eat afterwards.
    -Lite dairy products are beneficial for weight loss in the abdominal region.

Don't:
    -Eat much in the way of meats (proteins), simple carbs (no sugars etc, most especially no soda), definitely avoid the fatty foods.
    -Skip meals
    -eat late at night

What i've suggested is for short term quick results, would not be healthy over long periods.

15. Camman3

Also, fat is burned with cardio work with the following equation: Intensity X Duration.

You can't run 50km/h for 2 minutes, and you can't walk for half an hour to get max benefits. You need to run at a medium intensity for as long as you can every day. Be sure to take a break every now and again though - don't burn out!

16. Daniel6

well, the fastest way to lose weight is fasting on water.
    I lost 15 pounds (7 kg) within 9 days.
    But do it at your risk

17. Eleanor Rigby

That is incredibly dangerous !
    Besides, the way you loose is not only fat, but also muscles, because muscles are easier for the body to burn than fat is. And not only "regular" muscles are able to metlt in such a crazy kind of diet but also vital ones like your heart.
    This is the reason why diet without any kind of protein are dangerous too.

18. Daniel6

Well, the body is the most intelligent machine that we often look down on it. It knows which sources of energy to burn first that harm least to the body. Fat is an excess store of energy and hence most of it will be burnt first.

A healthy person can fast on water up to 3 months. I have read it from a book but never tried that long. In fact, very few people are completely healthy today. Therefore, someone should make a thorough study or seek professional advice before he wants to proceed with it.

19. KaraBulut

There have been rare cases where someone survived without food for up to a month but after about 2 weeks without food, a person is profoundly weak. Most people will die in the first month of complete starvation- much sooner if they also have no water.

People who grow up around wilderness areas learn the Rule of 3's:
    1. Humans cannot survive more than three hours exposed to extremely low temperatures.
    2. Humans cannot survive more than 12 days without water. [1+2=3]
    3. Humans cannot survive more than three weeks without food.

20. grapevine fires

Don't do this if you're planning on maintaining your appearance. The moment you start eating again, your body will store the energy as fat (Starvation mode) just in case you go into another period without food. This means that you will actually gain fat.

The best way to cut back is to do what was suggested above. Eat smaller meals more frequently, exercise, and eat healthier foods (to summarize).