1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get this body?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Andromeda, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  2. Gumtree

A body of that form is pretty much a result of a high BMR.

Most people would find that if you're not already thin, the act of losing weight (assuming you do it in a healthy way) would build more muslce then the guy in the picture

Also, are you sure you're completely differentiating between muscle definition/weight and body type? The guy in the picture has wide hips, somewhat broad shoulders and a long neck, which make him look more defined than he really is.

So I suppose my question is, what kind of figure and definition do you have atm?

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gumtree makes a good point. It's kinda hard to determine if you could look like that just from you asking us without providing how you look or a description of how you look. Every body is different and how they tone and define is different too.

4. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I'm a mesomorph, but I'm kinda overweight too because I don't excercise. I am kinda muscled. I have an okay metabolism since I maintain around 1200 calories.

I have hips that are parallel to my shoulders, but I don't really have a waist. My neck is average but I notice my shoulders go downwards.

I have a long torso and short legs. 5'7, 170 lbs

#4 Andromeda, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  5. Camman3

Well, since you're a metamorph I think it would quite difficult to pull off that "lean muscle" look.

My guess: If you dieted (not on a diet... just ate healthily with all vitamins and mineral profiles and a balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats) and did lots of cardio work, you would burn off fat. When you burn off that fat, you can see what your muscular body looks like (you will be "toned" already because you're a mesomorph).

From there, you can see where you want chisel or reshape. You can focus on muscle groups you want to make bigger, and any you want to be a little bit smaller, you can work slightly on the muscles around it, so it looks smaller in comparison.

That's my train of thought... It's still very hard to say without actually knowing what you look like etc, but that's the sort of "textbook" answer I'd give anyone who explained the problem you just did.

Hope it works =) Keep us posted!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and since you have a long torso, your abdominals will probably need the most work if you want them toned, but if you're going for that slimmer look, then they look how you want them (because they will be stretched out over your torso, so they would need more work to show through).

6. Fiender

I just wanted to say, that the guy in the pic is Mitch Hewer, British actor who actually played a gay character called Maxxie in the show "Skins".

Also, I too was at one point V.E.R.Y. overweight, and I lost 80 pounds in about 7-8 months. I just wanted you to know that it is possible. (*hug*)

7. paco

paco Guest

i'm gonna assume you're a little like me because that's the body type i always wanted as well and i'm pretty sure i'm a mesomorph too.

i think the fastest way for you to see results will be cardio. a slow paced jog or something. and remember your body needs oxygen to burn fat so if you're breathing really hard you're going to fast. a longer run/whatever at a slower pace will do more good.

now i'm not sure if this is everybody or just me, but my hip bones are about the same width as my shoulder bones, so i never got that slim waist look from just cardio. i found that building back arms and chest muscles actually makes my waist look smaller, so you might want to try that after a while as well. and don't worry about getting too big, it takes some real effort to get big.

8. Gumtree

If you're feeling you're a bit over at 170lb at 5'7 then I think you definitely have the potential to have a body as posted.

As mentioned dor a bit more work on your shoulders and deltoids than you normally would and will probably enhance the look. Also I think you're going to need to avoid HIST training and go for endurance training; resistance training and extensive cardio work.

This is an arguable point, but you might want to avoid swimming for your look. Swimmer bodies can be awesome but unless you're tall they often leave you looking rather stocky.

9. Emberstone

just be warned. it is considered harder to be lean and maintain a body like that than it is to pack on alot of muscle, like if you were going for a bodybuilderesque look.

You will need to focus on changing your habits to be more healthy, and build a routine about maintaining it and stick to it.

10. pteen

Couldn't have put it any better:eusa_clap. I'm sorta a kid version of that, I think. But a jog around the park, neigborhood, airforce base, whatever you have, should get you closer to that kinda look if you do it continuesly. But there's no reason to jog if youre just going to regain the calories and weight.

11. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He's almost perfect.

In my opinion

12. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  13. Zach1992

Re: How can I get this body?

You've already got a rocking beautiful body.

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    #14 Andromeda, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  15. Zach1992

Ah...

Well I have no idea as I don't work out.:lol:

16. Re: How can I get this body?

Im not a trainer by any means, but i have heard that squats are good for the butt area. Dont quote me though.

17. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I hear riding bikes can tighten the glutes, i'd try that.

18. x2x2x2x2y2

Like the guys before me said, bikes and squats.

P.s. That guy's really hot!!

19. norw

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Weight training and moderate cardio/diet changes should do it. Check out http://stronglifts.com/ the beginner program there works well for a lot of people.

20. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Steroids. :dry: