1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reversing Circumcision (Moved from body modification thread)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chad, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Chad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I guess this is the best place to post this considering the topic name. Have any of you guys ever looked into Un-Circumcision? I just recently became aware of what exactly was stolen from me at birth without my consent.... Needless to say I'm pissed. I'm not fully aware of what goes and what doesn't here on EC yet so I hope this isn't too far. Basically when a child is circumcised it removes the Prepuce/Foreskin causing irreparable damage to the penis.

There are ways to recreate the foreskin but it'll never be "Manufacturers Specifications" this is done by either a very long and tedious process of using tools to non-painfully stretch your foreskin into existence again over may years. The other option is surgery which is well... the bad option. Men who have their foreskin reconstructed do note a sizable increase in Glans sensitivity(The Head of the Penis) and over all it does look almost identifiably different to the naked eye... but it will never have the effect as a natural penis and your penis will never have the sensitivity of the it's "Uncut" counterpart.

Having an circumcision is not a parents choice it's not their penis... I want my foreskin back but the options to do it suck. Anyone ever put any thought into this?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I moved this to a new thread because I think it's an important discussion and doesn't really fit with the rest of the discussion on body modification.

3. Stuie

Why do you feel like you want it back? Sure there's an increae in sensitivity but there's also an increase in the amount of crap that builds up down there. Honestly, the cost of having the procedure to get your foreskin back has to outweigh the small pleasure increase. I'd actually be rather happy if I was circumcised, my foreskin is just that little bit too tight and has a bad habit of cracking whenever I masturbate. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It also sprays urine everywhere whenever I pee unless I pull it back. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: You can totally live without a foreskin really. It's just a minor cosmetic thing and if you're at the stage of having sex with someone in a relationship, it's unlikely they'll care about whether you're cut or uncut.

4. Chad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you think there's no difference watch Pen&Teller's Bullshit on [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZLna_uzLQ[/YOUTUBE]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBJoW-iJ6E&NR=1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfkq9EIprYY&feature=related

Watch and then ask those same questions you just asked me.

EDIT: I'm not saying I'm going to run out and "Buy" new foreskin at all. I'm saying I'm pissed I'm missing it in the first place. I am 23 years old and have been living my life in the same body for 23 years... no else has been in this "Shell". No one has the right to change my body without my consent NO ONE. Parent's are making this decision with total disregard for "The Circumcised's" feelings on the subject. The worst part of it all is I guarantee you my parents are less educated on the subject of circumcision than I am, and were most likely even less educated on it at the time of their decision to cut off what would eventually become 20 square inches of adult foreskin.

EDIT EDIT: <-- lol wasn't sure what else to do. I also want to point out Stuie if your unhappy with your foreskin after your 18... cut it off. I don't have that choice, it was taken from me.

#4 Chad, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  5. ArcaneVerse

To be blunt, get over it? seriously there is not much you can do about it, the thing still works. The whole stretching thing is a long process and can be painful, I've also seen photos of the finished product and it doesn't always turn out well.

I'm cut and yeah for a bit I did wish I wasn't but then I realised it wasn't that big a deal, I can still get off without a problem and for all I know I might not have liked having a foreskin.

also there is such a thing as too much sensitivity when it comes to having a foreskin, so ive heard anyway.

If you really want one that badly and don't want to stretch or have surgery then find a boyfriend who is uncut and have fun with it =P

6. Chad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm more angry at the fact I never had a choice than the fact I'm missing my foreskin. And I reiterate if you don't like your foreskin... Cut it off. I'm disappointed that by societies standards it is acceptable to physically change someones body without their consent and that is okay.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I'm glad to not have foreskin. It's too hard to clean and stuff. Plus without trying to sound narcissistic, my circumcised penis is very nice looking.

8. Greggers

^ This.

And if its "not a big deal to you" then you should be telling yourself to get over it, not someone who it clearly is a big deal to. Some guys, surprise surprise, actually care alot about their penis.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am going to defend Chad's position here. There has been a lot written about it, and I don't think those without foreskins can understand what it's like to have one, nor do I think those with foreskins can understand what it's like not to have one.

There's no question there's much, much more sensitivity on the glans of an uncircumsized penis than on a circumsized one; people who, for one reason or another, get circumsized as adults often find it excruciating to feel the touch of underwear, for example, until their glans loses sensitivity. People who are circumsized at birth never know this.

I share Chad's belief that parents should never circumsize a child, and the frequency of that procedure, which as far as I know has only been commonly performed (other than for religious reasons) in the US, is decreasing drastically.

While you don't commonly find an uncircumsized person who wants to be circumsized, there are a lot of people who are circumsized who want to not be... and there are a number of stretching exercises and procedures that do seem to work fairly well for some people, and books and kits to do this are pretty popular.

I think there's something to it, and above all, I think it's a personal choice and probably not appropriate for anyone to tell someone else to "get over it."

10. shorty

Totally agreed ^^ A lot of people say they look better, but bleh, screw asthetics for decresed sensitivity. Besides, it generally retracts with an erection, which is when you want to be looking your best anyway. :slight_smile: And as for hygene, unless you have actually had sex, been masturbating or thinking a lot about sex (ie making pre-cum) then there isn't anything to clean. A 5 second wash in the shower and off you go. No different to a circumsised one.

I do agree about the urinating thing though. That can be a real pain in the ass.

11. davo-man

I'm actually really surprised that someone suggested just getting over it. I totally agree with Chad and Greggers. If my foreskin had been taken away as a baby, I would be pissed as well. I really don't think that it's a parent's right to cut it off, especially if it's not even part of a religious rite.

12. Corny

Corny Guest

If that is "too hard" for you .. you either live a very sheltered live, or you will have some big surprises coming towards you soon.
    On a related note .. I wouldn't want to go down on you if that is already too much trouble cleaning ..

back to topic, Chad:
    you pretty nailed it already you can get the "skin" back, but the nerve endings unfortunately are lost :frowning2: the interesting part would be the question that if the glans is once again covered by a protective skin - does the keratinization reverse? I don't know for sure, but maybe it is possible.
    But long story short .. "get over it" sounds a bit rude, but it probably is your best option. You have every right to be angry .. do something against that anger, tell your parents about it, listen to their motivation/justification for doing so. Probably they thought it is best for you. Educate them .. get them to tell other parents. Unfortunately many parents don't really put much thought into it, they just do it because it's "like it's done".

Maybe that helps a bit with the anger .. after that - accept your penis like it is. You are not less of a man, and you will not have less fun in bed or any relationship because of it. Maybe a bit different, but there are many other things where people are different, right :slight_smile: ?

13. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was born, apparently there was quite fad of people circumcising their children even in Europe.
    My parents told me they were asked (or, more accurately, urged) to have me circumcised.

I'm pretty glad my parents didn't want to just go along with whatever was in vogue, and said no. Even though I don't think I ever had any benefit from it, and despite not knowing what life would be like without, I like the idea of still having everything down there.
    If I ever need to get it removed, I'll make up my own mind about that (not that I could think of any non-medical condition why I'd want to do that)

Not that I would make it any requirement of any boyfriend of mine. I'm sure there are all kinds of ways to have fun with or without one.

I do get why you're angry. Even the thought of having anything removed without my consent makes me feel violated. In fact, the thought of people having it performed on their children for any non-medical reason makes me kind of angry. Even if it was something like an appendix or tonsils or wisdom teeth, I like the idea of having it for as long as it doesn't cause trouble.

Unfortunately, there's no way of getting it fully back. So it would be best to just let it go. Let your parents know you regret their decision, by all means, but being angry won't make it grow back.

14. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    i dont really see it as a big deal. you dont actually know what your missing since you never had the feeling of having a foreskin so you cant really complain. and you can be mad at your parents but that wont lead you no where.

best thing to do is move on and if you have kids dont circumsize them.

15. Schu

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the AIDS circumcision link.

A lot of people get their children circumcised partly because it lowers the risk of transmission of AIDS. Now, of course, that shouldn't matter when people wear condoms with people that aren't tested trusted agreed partners, but people aren't perfect of course.

Personally I'm quite fine with it - looks good, still plenty sensitive I can assure you so it feels great, easier to clean. Not sure what I'd do with my kids if/when it comes up, but I don't need to cross that bridge yet.

16. shorty

I am not convinced with those studies about circumsism and HIV. Pretty much all the ones I have read about are from African countries, so I am dubious about the results. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some group pushing an agenda to forward whatever twisted thoughts they have by interpreting data favourably in their favour.

Oh boy, I sound like a nutcase from that comment, but if you have a look around, for some odd reason, almost all the data comes from african studies of HIV. I know its rampant in some parts of the continent, but that doesn't make those studies valid. Like the usual democrtic vote in the Congo, I take a lot of what I read about that part of the world with a grain of salt. The fact that major papers pick up stories from the so called experts in that part of the world doesn't sway my opinion.

#16 shorty, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  17. KaraBulut

I've read the studies and several of them are good studies with sound methods.

But they are studies of transmission via heterosexual sex on the African continent where HIV-2 is predominant. HIV-1 is the more common strain among gay men in the developed world.

Would I recommend someone get circumcised because they're worried about STDs?

No. Condoms are a lot more efficient and a lot less painful.

I'm neutral on the whole cut vs uncut debate. I hear all of these arguments on both sides but after talking with a few guys who had circumcisions after puberty, they all say that sex feels different but no one has ever said that sex was less enjoyable.

The thing that is a mystery is why we're still doing full circumcisions when it's not done for religious reasons. Parents should be offered the option of a partial circumcision which resolves some of the issues with phimosis and hygeine but preserves a portion of the foreskin and frenulum.

#17 KaraBulut, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  18. Corny

Corny Guest

Maybe in belgium :confused: I'm your age, and I don't know anybody among my friends who was circumcised at birth, just one guy later for medical reasons ..

I'm not sure what hygiene issue this should resolve since I only see a hygiene issue when you cannot roll back the skin. A partial circumcision would still require you to roll it back .. so we are left with the "not retractable" cases .. where a circumcision of some kind is recommend anyway due to the phimosis.

19. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, maybe I accidentally usurped Europe there. Us Belgians like to think we're the center around which the continent revolves :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I never really questioned my parents' story. For all I know they might have gotten the wrong impression. And I wouldn't have the faintest clue how many of my friends (if any at all) are circumcised. So let's just keep it at the fact that my parents were asked and declined then...

20. Astaroth

Doctors used to tell parents that the newborn child could not yet feel pain when the option of circumcision was offered. When the foreskin was removed with the small device created for just such an occasion, the child would scream in pain, but the parents were assured (if they happened to be nearby) that the child was not in pain. A few moments later, the child suddenly goes very quiet by retreating from the pain in a form of mental shock. It will remain almost unresponsive until the pain begins to retreat. It's hard to tell what sort of trauma this presents that might play out later in life. While there are a few anesthesia options for the procedure, many doctors choose not to employ them for fear of disrupting early development.

All on account of an unexamined tradition dating back to an old religious ritual that almost none of the current recipients believe in these days. Circumcision stems from the same problem as religious indoctrination. Parents mistakenly believe that their children must grow up in a specific religion, and therefore they choose to modify the body of their child to match the traditions of that religion (in this case, Judeo-Christianity). The sad truth is that a child rarely consents to their childhood religion in much the same fashion that they cannot consent in their own genital modification.

My argument then goes as such: If we are naturally endowed (pun intended) with genitals that always have foreskin, why would a god ask for it to be removed rather than have just fixed the problem from the beginning? To a lot of parents in the US, it looks "natural," but the truth is that the "natural" was taken away to look "average" instead.