1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broke Back (not the movie...)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Nerdtendo, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Nerdtendo

For a few months, my back has been aching. I've tryed asprin, straighting my posture, 'popping' it (or cracking it by turning to the side as far as I can), Stretching it, exersising it, and who knows what else. I think it may be my tendincy to (litraly) lift up heavy loads of work. Just recently, I had to carry two bags and a heavy suit case across 5 blocks to take in donations to work. ....It's my natrual drive to work this hard, but it isnt healthy. Any tips on overriding this problome?

2. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

go to the chiropractor.
    if ur insurance covers it then it wont be that expensive.
    and go often if u job is physical

3. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Limit loads taken on at one time. If needed, call for help or make numerous trips. You are overtaxing the muscles and it will eventually lead to a permanent injury. Next, if you have a bad back, it usually means your abs are out of shape. Start a series of exercises for the abs, especially crunches, abs and leg crunches.

4. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definitely see a chiropractor.

And yeah, if you strengthen your core/trunk, it will have amazing positive effects on back pain.

5. Kimi

See a chiropractor. I mean, really. My mom had bad back few years back and it was not pretty at all and it's not just her but all the people who surround her got bother including me of course so before it gets any worse I suggest you to go see a chiropractor:slight_smile:

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Also, tell them at work that the lifting is affecting your back and see if they can give you some different duties. It's not going to recover, even with treatment, if you keep on abusing it.

I assume you know about the correct way of lifting - not bending over, keeping your back and using your legs. It is more difficult initially and doesn't feel natural, but once you get used to it it becomes easier and certainly beneficial.