1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Period Question.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gin Uh Fur, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

I have not had my period in little over 8 months.
    im not preggers.

i know weight can influence it but would it stop it for 8 months?

2. sexyalex

Well that depends, how much do you weigh? (You dun have to answer that in thread if u don't)

There could be other factors behind this. You could be ill internally and don't know it.
    Also, it could be dietary problems like, bad nutrition as well.

Stress is also a very common factor, umm...
    OH, and if you exercise too much or too little can be a minor factor.

It could be hereditary so, you could ask your mom if she experienced the same issues at your age, or it could be because of like, lifestyle changes....

The lifestyle changes part is pretty sterotypical but it is very much true. For example, a girl who starts doing allot more...masculine things, or eats food that contributes to the imput/production of additional male hormones in the body can be a contributing factor.

All those could be possible reasons but I think other females may have other opinions. Nonetheless, yes those reasons above could affect your menstrual cycle, leading to irregular periods.
    I would be better able to give you advices if I knew more about your case. Sorry. :confused:

3. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Eight months seems like a long time. If I were you, I'd see a doctor.

4. nomoresickness

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Mine used to be irregular like that in high school. My doc said it was because I was so active. If you exercise a lot, it can cause it to not be as frequent. Also, if you go below a certain weight, that can affect it. 8 months is a long time though, it probably wouldn't hurt to see a doctor just in case!