1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 things

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by pikachu1, Dec 16, 2009.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are 3 things that have kinda been bothering me. They all seems to have just sprung up on me out of nowhere. I don't really think about them until something happens to remind me of them.

1st it seems that for the past 4 months whenever I get a headache it is always on the left side of my head. These headaches are weird cause normally when I get a headache the whole head hurts but with these it just feels like my brain hurts. The pain doesn't seem to be coming from my head like normal but only from the left side of my brain.

2nd for the past 4 months whenever I sneeze I smell chlorine and can't breathe. Whenever I sneeze I gasp a little cause I can't breathe and it feels like I'm drowning in a pool cause I can smell chlorine. It passes after like a sec and I'm fine again.

3rd for the past 4 months I've been having moments where my mind feels like its in a haze for a period. It been getting worse and worse. While I'm in the haze I can't understand people at all. I hear them say stuff and I know that I know the words they are saying but they have no meaning to me.

My mom thinks the whole "me not understanding people" is Autism. I keep telling her it's not and that it's probably nothing serious. She says "Well you were born at 5 months and the doctors said you might have mental problems." I tell her that I'm a straight A student in school and always have been and that the whole "me not understanding people" is always temporary which obviously it wouldn't be if I was Autistic.

I know it's odd that all this stuff has been going on for like the past 4 months. The thing is though that nothing has happened in those last four months that's any different then what has always been going on in my life.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure what might be going on but I'm sure KB will weigh in with his thoughts. I'm just wondering if you have seen a doctor about the things you are experiencing?

3. x2x2x2x2y2

I think maybe this is more medical then mental. Like just because something hasnt happened in those four months, doesnt mean this isnt there. And maybe there has been a trigger that you have yet to realize. I suggest going to a doctor.

4. Just Adam

i have no idea i have similar but ive had it a very long time now headache on left side behind eye almost spaced out like i should be listening to this lso i get moments where i dont kno anything and i seem strange and new to myself and also i smell burning...oh and the clicking knee...

so your not alone in this sort of thing lol and im sure your fine but as usual kara is teh expert here and will ahve some great advice but as usual if youve any worrys go see your doctor :slight_smile:

5. KaraBulut

What you're describing is very typical of the signs and symptoms of migraine.

There are some tests that need to be done to ensure that there's no other problem though. So, you need to talk with your doctor about your symptoms. Make an appointment with the doctor ASAP.

6. Eleanor Rigby

I have migraines since I am 12 and what you describe sounds really like migraine crisis to me.
    Take an appointement with your doctor quickly. Treatments exist, both to reduce the frequency of the crisis, and to help handeling the crisis when they happen.
    Take care.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Err hun, it's possible you could have a very very VERY mild form of autism known as Asperger's syndrome. Not understanding is a common related symptom. Though it might not be. I'm only saying this because I have Asperger's Syndrome and while I am EXTREMELY social, was a straight A student in high school (a little lower in University but that's because I suck so badly at university multiple choice exams), I still have difficulty understanding people. Sometimes I weird them out, sometimes share too much, or sometimes just ask too many questions and it ticks them off. Like asking "are you sure your okay" over and over, which I do often with my boyfriend though I've finally stopped now. But yeah, I am not saying you definitely have it, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to a counselor and see what they think, or even talking to your doctor works too. It's better to know than not because you can learn how to deal with it.

But that's just my own story, you may not have anything at all mental wise, and it just could be you find it hard to read people sometimes.