1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pain in leg

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by starfish, Dec 18, 2009.

1. starfish

This morning I work up with pretty bad pain in my left leg.

It feels like something is putting pressure on a nerve. The pain is on the outer side of the leg and starts about 6 inches above the knee and goes up my leg. I don't feel any pain in my back.

If I walk around the pain goes away, but if I sit for very long it comes back. If I sit with my legs crossed it helps reduce the severity of the pain.

The past week I been doing a lot of leg exercises so I am fairly sure that might be related.

I took some Advil earlier when I thought it might be a strain but that did not help. I know it will take time to get better, but in the mean time is there anything I can do to reduce the pain?

2. RainInAfrica

Muscle spasm ?

3. starfish

I think this may be Iliotibial band syndrome. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iliotibial_Band_Syndrome

This morning at the gym I did some stretches on a foam roller and it helped. Wish I had one at home.

Anyway I have ice on my leg now and it is helping. I tired elevating my leg, but I am having trouble finding a position that does not make it worse.

So think I'll just take it easy and do some periodic icing the next couple of days.

Looking at the my shoes they are pretty worn. I was running last night. So poor form plus the leg exercises the past week might have just been too much.