1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i have an eating disorder?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Complete Mess, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Complete Mess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm confused because my friends tell me i have an eating disorder cause i will go days without eating and they don't believe me when i say i'm fat. But thats just them being nice to me, isn't it?
    There are days where i eat but sometimes food just makes me feel sick.

2. KaraBulut

What is your height and weight?

3. Complete Mess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    5ft 4.
    8 stone 9.

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Do you go without eating with the intention to lose weight?

5. KaraBulut

64 inches, 121 pounds gives you a BMI of 20.8 and puts you in the 50% percentile for height and weight. Both are considered "average" for your age.

However, if you continue to go days without eating you run the risk of slowing your basic metabolism in a way that will trigger your body to start storing more fat. As counterintuitive as it seems, starvation actual triggers your body to store MORE fat. You"re much better off eating reasonable amounts of food and exercising- this triggers your body to build muscle and not store fat.

Since eating makes you feel sick, you should see your doctor for a checkup to ensure that there's not an underlying problem.

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    F them. They are jealous of your body.

As long as you're healthy and in control, and then I doubt you have an eating disorder. An eating disorder is more like, "Omg I can't it this or else I'll die. I am hungry, but I can't eat." That's ANA.

"Just one bite... it won't hurt me..." five seconds later, "OMmgmgfmm (gurgle) feed me, more more, (while stuffing food down the mouth), more more!!! ME HUNGRY"...

five minutes later after the fridge is empty, "i need to clean myself (pukes)". That's MIA.

"I am hungry, I'll eat now and starve later". That's another form of MIA, with a little ANA.

"I eat all I want!", OBSESSIVE EATING DISORDER

----
    What you have is called the cave man diet, when you eat one day and don't the next. It's the paleolithic diet.