1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sad face.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by fallendream, Dec 19, 2009.

1. fallendream

so since last sunday ive had a really bad cold but today its got way worse (i now have a sore throat and getting chills whereas before it was just a blocked nose and alot of coughing)

i was wondering; could it be the dreaded swine flu?

2. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i dont think its swine flu, im sure if u had that you really would know about it and have to go to hospital. probs just a serious case of the cold. wrap up, drink lots of hot fluids and chill out!

3. KaraBulut

Generally, colds last 2-4 days. Fever with colds tends to be low or non-existent. You will usually feel miserable from the runny nose and sore throat but you won't feel extremely run down and achy.

Flu tends to last 5-10 days. It starts with feeling very achy in your joints and muscles. You will run a higher fever >101F (>38.3C). And in addition to the runny nose and sore throat, you may often (but not always) have chest congestion or diarrhea.

Given that you're not getting better and it's been a week, you probably have the flu. It might be the regular seasonal flu. People under 35 who are getting H1N1 tend to be much sicker with higher temps and they are sick for much longer.

If you're still running a fever and it's been a week, you should call your doctor to see if he wants you to come into the office to be checked.

4. fallendream

thanks alot. ill leave it a few days and if i dont feel much better after having proper resting and drinking alot (i was in school last week) then ill get my parents to take me for a check-up at the doctors.

5. Zac4

if u get a massive headache so bad u want to cut ur own head off just to make it stop.. thats probly swine flu