1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweatinggg at night :/

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Austin, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ya I know I posted a thread about this already but I still have the problem and I might stay at someone's house tomorrow and share the bed so I kinda don't wanna be all sweaty when I'm sleeping. It's weird because when I wake up for a little bit during the night (for whatever reason, sometimes cus im sweaty, or last night my cat woke me), I stop sweating when I'm awake. But once I'm back to sleep I start sweating again. Like I said its mostly just my legs and lower body waste down. :/ it's really bothering meee and it's gross and I don't think anything has changed in my life since before it started and after it started... :/

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    are you having bad dreams or something?
    I sometimes get the night sweats, but if it keeps happening you might want to see a doctor.

This might seem like a dumb question, but how many layers of covers are you sleeping under? Do you keep the heat really high?

ok that was two questions.

3. Brandford

Oh I forgot to mention earlier, could also be Night Terrors, they are bad dreams you don't remember when you wake

4. KaraBulut

There are several causes of night sweats. Sometimes it points to a neurologic disorder, sleep apnea or a hormone imbalance. There are are also certain medications that can trigger it- particularly the antidepressants. There is a population of people who have ideopathic night sweats for which we are unable to determine a particular cause.

5. Zach

I was wondering myself if you are taking any medications. I know there are some prescribed meds that your doctor can give you that will cause night sweats, and in my case waking up drenched in sweat every night was by far worse than the symptoms my doctor was trying to treat.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's winter so the house is probably 72 degrees on average. I wear shorts and underwear and a t-shirt. And I usually am just sleeping under my sheet and blanket. The thing is that I am cold when I wake up from it, but then if I go back to sleep I just wake up sweaty again.

I am on zoloft, but I had been taking it (same dose) for months before it started happening. It's only been happening recently. I hope it's not some disease like "Sleep apnea" that I just happened to develope. x.x Even though I know it can develope any time right?

Also about sleeping at the guys house. I just slept kind of lightly because when I'm awake I don't sweat. :wink: And I just took all the covers off even though it was cold and froze myself so I didn't sweat as much. Thanks for the replies guys.

7. JoeG

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well u can rule out the having a temperauture, that usually when i gett it, and yh its' digusting. try going to bed with the heating low and then turn it up when u wake up. i ound last night that i 'sweated' noticed it was freexing and then turned it up and was ok ish after. go to bed cool, and slowy warm up.and wot zoloft, wotr do it do or prevent happening?

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    zoloft for depression.