1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you control your "impulses"?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Ralphtruco, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (i THINK this goes over here given that is something that affects my health)
    So how do you control them? for my lack of self-control u_u i may have and STD...not confirmed yet, and i was just right now about to commit the same mistake again
    I need something to control this =_=...

2. RaeofLite

My advice:
    -Use protection [in your case condoms and lube] ALL THE TIME (especially if you don't know the person well even though that is not ideal...)
    -masturbate to relieve tension
    -Get educated about STDs, and other protection methods)
    -Don't have one night stands**
    -Date one person at at time and have trust, and get tested before any types of sex (oral or otherwise)
    **(If you're going to be an adult soon then you have to be able to talk about these things to a partner and get tested).

3. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    But he is not even a partner or anythin.. just some guy i met =w= im kinda freak out about the std...i need to get an exam

4. RaeofLite

Ok, well don't have one night stands from now on. And follow the advice in the future if you can help it? You'll have much better peace of mind from then on. :grin:

Hope things work out for you.

5. tylerzane69

its all about control and where you let it take you, i have anxiety issues and those impulses overload my system so bad that i cant function without being pissy and angry or feeling suicidal... your issues are a bit different but it still involves your health, take steps to get certain pent up "frustration" out without needing to find a random person, get tested regularly and be honest with yourself, knowing that you want to keep this behaivor at bay is a good start, now just gotta find ways to keep yourself occupied so as not to actually go out and get into trouble... good luck...

6. tylerzane69

oh btw if anyone is wondering i have taken steps to get the anxiety, frustration, and suicidal thoughts under control.... didnt want anyone thinking that i was still like that lol

7. Hugo Boss

I appreciate your position. I also have a low threshold of control of 'impluses'. I don't think you can really stop yourself from giving in, but you can be smart.

Like the person above said, masturbate as a means of sexual tension or general pressure. I remember doing it a good few times during long studying sessions.

If you want a one-night stand or friend-with-extras then don't get reckless, and remember to use protection.

8. Ralphtruco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well i just deleted that person of any place possible
    and to the above, at least when im in my right mind i DONT want any of those things...i would only do that with the one i love ._. but when im like that its like a completely diferent person

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get a vasectomy.

Use the head on your shoulders.

And, to Hugo, you can control your impulses. Just got to learn some self-control. It's not something we can teach you.

10. Except for the fact that vasectomies don't affect libido, the rest of this is truth. There's a very important word that goes along with self control that we all need to learn: No.

11. Anton

Anton Guest

All the advice given above is actually excellent! You should ALWAYS use protection and you should try to find partners with whom you can sleep with on a regular basis, this way you can't become reckless and just got out and find some Tom, Dick, and Harry. Be smart, have common sense, and you'll be ok. Oh yes, LOTS of masturbation!