1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steroidal medications and weird dreams.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by starfish, Jan 7, 2010.

1. starfish

A couple of months ago my Doctor prescribed a topical steroid for when my eczema flares up.

On days that I use the medication I have very weird dreams. The dreams are very vivid and have violent or aggressive themes. These dreams are nothing like dreams I usually have and I don't have them on days I don't take the medication.

I've never noticed this with other steroidal medications in the past. So it may be a side effect of this particular medication. I think I am going to see my doctor next week and see about a different medication, because the dreams are becoming very disturbing.

Has anyone else even had this happen or heard about it?

2. RaeofLite

...I have heard that steroids make the user more aggressive. And I've seen it change someone over the course of months. A guy I go to school with takes or took them and he became more aggressive/confrontational/had acne flare up and other things. Although that's probably not the same type of "steroid" you're talking about...

3. Emberstone

I dont know if the steroids in a topical creme *or inhalers for that matter* are strong enough to induce rage, in a waking state, or a sleeping one.

What you find in those cremes and inhalers, and other medications that use it are far lesser ammounts then if someone was juicing.

Roid rage is more of side effect of steroid abuse...not simply use.

4. KaraBulut

Corticosteroids when taken orally or by injection do cause sleep problems- usually inability to sleep but they can also cause nightmares.

Topical corticosteroids are nor usually absorbed into the bloodstream in large enough quantities to cause a problem... but if you're sure that there's a link between the cream and your nightmares, then by all means as for a different medication and see if that makes a difference.